Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

gunns signings

so gunn signed 12 players here''s what i think fwiw, but the majority sum up how bad he was as our manager.

theokilitos- crap enough said

wiggins not seen

nelson- poor so far still undecided

askou- looks good

whalley- awful

hughes- looks good

gill- poor

tudor-jones- rubbish

holt- excellent

maric- where is he

mcveigh- ok

alnwick- decent

overall not good, hope lambert can ship out some of the dross

theokilitos- crap

wiggins - Should be given a chance good player

nelson- Average run of the mill lower league defender

askou- Good

whalley- Good, give him time to settle he''s a player who will need to adjust but will come good

hughes- Very good

gill- Average midfielder on real class

tudor-jones- Poor

holt- Great signing could be just the player we have been crying out for

maric- Disappointed he hasn''t been given a chance looked very good in pre-season

mcveigh- Why is he back at carrow road???????

alnwick- Crap

[quote user="Have Heart"]

theokilitos- crap

askou- Good

whalley- Good, give him time to settle he''s a player who will need to adjust but will come good

hughes- Very good

tudor-jones- Poor

maric- Disappointed he hasn''t been given a chance looked very good in pre-season

alnwick- Crap

[/quote]

You obviously weren''t there on Saturday...if not ask someone who was, if you were what Paul McVeigh were you watching?

I still cant believe people are slagging off McVeigh after saturday [:O] Some of the balls he was producing were astonishingly good!After saturday I rate him more highly than wes ''runs around a bit but at the end of it does f-all'' hoolahan.

[quote user="CT "]I still cant believe people are slagging off McVeigh after saturday [:O] Some of the balls he was producing were astonishingly good!

After saturday I rate him more highly than wes ''runs around a bit but at the end of it does f-all'' hoolahan.
[/quote]

Aye, McVeigh was excellent on Saturday, he created chances, played some extremely clever balls, read the game well and most importantly covered his full back well, something Whaley did not look to sharp at last night. I''d be tempted to play McVeigh again Saturday with Lappin on the left instead of Hoolahan for the same reasons, they both read the game well and both defend. Hoolahan''s wandering alters the teams shape and leaves the full-back exposed. Personally I''d play Wes in the centre behind Holt, which is where he is most effective.

Holt is definitely a shrewd piece of business, he looks like another Iwan. He always gives 100%, leads by example and is an extremely clever player. Definitely the best signing of the summer.

I''m extremely impressed with Askou, that boy has a hell of a lot of class about him, his heading is phenominal- he directs his headers out as opposed to just going for distance like the Doc, and could quite easily get 10 goals this year from defence, something we haven''t really had since Malky.

Hughes looked good Saturday, looks like the box to box centre midfielder we''ve been crying out for since Francis left. I don''t think Tudor-Jones is nearly as people on here are making out, I personally think he was unlucky with the own goal yesterday and shows some promise, he''s always looking for the ball and  he can pass a ball too.

Not so impressed with Nelson and Gill, Nelson looked slow and unorganised against Colchester and Gill hasnt really done much to impress me at all, looked lost in the middle at times.

Holt and Hughes are top quality signings (at this level). Askou can be a good signing, but he still need to adapt.Wiggins was not highly rated by the Palace supporters...Whaley, Gill, Tudor Jones and Nelson are poor, but ok squad players.McVeigh can still play good football at this level for a couple of years, Luton could''t afford to use him last season (he was on pay as you play contract).I wonder why Maric wasn''t included yesterday, I think he should be first choice partner for Holt.Alnwick is at best a League1 keeper. Played good in the Yeovil game, not good yesterday...Yes, I know Theo didn''t have a good game v. Colchester. But why write him off after only one game?He was highly rated in Australia, and I really think he can be a good signing if he will be given a second chance.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

so gunn signed 12 players here''s what i think fwiw, but the majority sum up how bad he was as our manager.

theokilitos- crap enough said

wiggins not seen

nelson- poor so far still undecided

askou- looks good

whalley- awful

hughes- looks good

gill- poor

tudor-jones- rubbish

holt- excellent

maric- where is he

mcveigh- ok

alnwick- decent

overall not good, hope lambert can ship out some of the dross

[/quote]This is hilarious. It takes a lot longer than 5 games to tell whether a player is any good or not. Ask Iwan Roberts...

i love the people who think alnwick''s crap. if he''s good enough for burnley then why not us?and yes he can save, his distribution is not bad either.

Theoklitos - Very bad first game so based on that performance - CrapWhaley - Shown no signs of being a good signing - CrapMcVeigh - Very good crossing and touch - GoodAlnwick - looks good so far - GoodGill - Has shown some good games - okOTJ -Same as gill - okHughes - Looks good so far, good attacking midfielder - GoodHolt - Very good since he started scoring 5 goals in 5 games - Very goodAskou -Very solid at the back, our best defender - GoodNelson - Very bad on his only game but not had much of a chance (same as Theo) - Crap so farWiggins - N/aMaric - Looked good pre-season scoring in his matches - Good

[quote user="refjezhitchin"][quote user="Have Heart"]

theokilitos- crap

askou- Good

hughes- Very good

tudor-jones- Poor

alnwick- Crap

[/quote]

You obviously weren''t there on Saturday...if not ask someone who was, if you were what Paul McVeigh were you watching?

[/quote]

i thought mcveigh sealed his place!