Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Phill tompson

I was watching the monaco liverpool games last night and it was nice to hear that phill tompson said that djibjil cisse could learn from hucks with his runs saying that he made some great runs on sunday final people are starting to see the light

[quote]I was watching the monaco liverpool games last night and it was nice to hear that phill tompson said that djibjil cisse could learn from hucks with his runs saying that he made some great runs on sund...[/quote]

blimey, looks like we must have arrived in the premiership then

how many of you can remember seeing phil thompson play?  come on, some of you are as old as me

Good solid defender I recall - but Fash turned him for THAT goal I think (only remember falling about 10 steps down the Barclay immediately after)!!

Agree with your pundit comments though Gorleston - but old footballers of that generation didn''t earn as much for retirement purposes as these days, so I suppose they''ve got to do something. Someone must think they add value to the scene or the media involved would save their money though!

I''m another who can (just about) remember him playing - a good defender who read the game well.

Shame his punditry and man management skills at of the same calibre..

OTBC

Oh I remember him.

Bignosed #4.

I hated him. At the time, I hated everything to do with Liverpool. I hated that they won everything. I hated everyone saying that Ian Rush was a legend. I used to think that he was completely over-rated -- the notion being that if you couldn''t score goals at Liverpool, you couldn''t score anywhere. There was never any brilliance to anything he did -- he just tapped it in every time.

Bringing back bad memories. Stop it.