Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Why is Theoklitos getting so much stick?

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Theo had a poor game. But you are right that he wasn''t at fault for all the goals. The biggest thing that worried me is he looked unsure.[/quote]It''s no wonder he looked unsure with that lot in front of him.

The only one I feel he was at real fault for was the freekick because he was terribly positioned. He should never, ever been put in that position for the first espaicallt 7 minutes into his debut. Two, I thought wasn''t a bad save maybe should have held it, but it was woeful defending from Doc, Lisbie didn''t even need to break into a trot to turn him and Nelson should have been following Platt up like any decent CB would have done.

Ok ... from what i saw at the match i was livid. He looked completely hopeless and i blamed him for most of the goals. Having finally plucked up the courage to watch the replays i realised that some people have a point. Yes he was at fault for some of the goals ... particularly the free kick, but the defending was schoolboy at best. To be honest i would give him another chance and ship the defence out. The only one i wouldnt replace is Drury, and thats only because Wiggins isnt fit. Had hopes of Nelson being another Malky, but it turns out he is almost a Doc clone. I say almost because he is actually worse. I''m sure its been mentioned before, but anyone noticed when the decline in City''s fortunes started? Shackell looked a great prospect until he had to partner Doc [:S].

My take on it was that he flapped pathetically for the first one and the free kick wasnt at all special, it was sent straight down the middle, Theo''s positioning was horrific, he stood right by his post and was nowhere near with his dive. Any other keeper would have saved that.2 goals down to his ineptness, but now with hindsight more blame lays at the feet of Doc and Nelson. On saturday tho i felt as if all 7 goals were his fault.

[quote user="stan the man"]Theo could not have used his hands at all for the first goal as it was a back pass. Theo could have used his hands because as i said earlier Lisbie actually touched the ball beofre it went over his head meaning he could just have caught it I think Semmy and Doc should not play again as it was the same sh*t different game and this has been happening for the last 3 years. Theo had NO help what so ever. Yes theo needs to improve but the biggest change has to be Spillane for Semmy and Askou for Doc.[/quote]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="stan the man"]Theo could not have used his hands at all for the first goal as it was a back pass. Theo could have used his hands because as i said earlier Lisbie actually touched the ball beofre it went over his head meaning he could just have caught it I think Semmy and Doc should not play again as it was the same sh*t different game and this has been happening for the last 3 years. Theo had NO help what so ever. Yes theo needs to improve but the biggest change has to be Spillane for Semmy and Askou for Doc.[/quote][/quote]Matt, you replied about Lisbie''s touch in a previous thread - thanks for that. Thinking about it gives me more sympathy for Theo, as when he realised Lisbie was going to get there first he could not be certain what would ensue - Lisbie could have pulled it down & shot, pushed it to one side & ran past him, or passed to someone else to score. Letting it just bounce was quite a clever thing to do. (Unless he simply missed it !).The initial back pass, however, was beyond inexcusable.