Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

Troy Powell Joining Norwich

Hmm, interesting one, here to pad the squad out a little it seems.  Probably only make the first-team as a last resort but could learn a trick or two in the reserves and maybe go onto better things.

Anyone see him in pre-season? Thoughts?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Hmm, interesting one, here to pad the squad out a little it seems.  Probably only make the first-team as a last resort but could learn a trick or two in the reserves and maybe go onto better things.

Anyone see him in pre-season? Thoughts?

[/quote]Only saw the lad at Fakenham but I was impressed. There was a defender we had on trial (from Spurs) who played at Fakenham as well , switched flanks (played 1 45 left defendeer and 2nd 45 right side). Anyone know who he was?

I''m really pleased with this if it happens. At at least 6''4",  he would add a Crouch-like option in the future. I''d have liked to see Mtandari signed as well as he looked promising at both RB and LB. [:D]

It would seem from the Pink''un (Was Farewell to Troy Premature?) that all 3 Spurs trialists are back with the Club this week but that no decision has been made:

Gunn, however, insisted that although the interest in Powell - one of four trialists to have featured at Fakenham - remained, it had not reached an advanced stage. “There is nothing to report,” he said. “The guys came in and joined us for a week and we have got them in for another week at the moment, but no final decision has been made.”

Gunn also confirmed that the situations involving want-away players Darel Russell and Dejan Stefanovic remained the same. Russell hasn''t featured in any of City''s games since the end of last season and is set to leave the club if an acceptable offer is made, while Stefanovic is negotiating an end to his contract.