Sign in to follow this  
yossarian

Matty Gills brother?

Anyone see his brother Darren play for Youth team/Reserves about 15 years ago? Am I right in thinking he was a real prospect? About the most aggressive player ever seen pull on the yellow n green. Would have been given a contract at another club that didn''t value sportmanship and family values quite so much. Is Matty in a similar mould? Haven''t been to any friendlies..........bit poorly.

[quote user="yossarian"]Anyone see his brother Darren play for Youth team/Reserves about 15 years ago? Am I right in thinking he was a real prospect? About the most aggressive player ever seen pull on the yellow n green. Would have been given a contract at another club that didn''t value sportmanship and family values quite so much. Is Matty in a similar mould? Haven''t been to any friendlies..........bit poorly.[/quote]Never saw him play for the youth, but he was my tennis coach for a good few years. Absolutely top bloke, never thought he would be an overly agressive footballer - but saw him play for Wroxham at Carrow Road one night, and would not have wanted to be on the other end of one of his tackles!His brother seems to be quite a similar competitor, but perhaps a bit more of a playmaker than an enforcer from what little I''ve seen so far. Good vision to get the ball out to Hoolahan for our third goal against Wigan.

Darren was a lovely, quiet guy off the pitch but turned into a different person on it. Matty seems much calmer on the pitch, although I''ve never met him off it.