Sign in to follow this  
Ole

Yeovil away game - can anyone help me...?

Hi,I''m from Norway, and will be in Woking next week (project meeting).I would love to see the game v. Yeovil on Tuesday night, but there are no trains returning to Woking that night. Any ideas how I can get back to Woking, or do I have to be in Yeovil over night?Hope somebody can give me any advice. Thanks.

Ole,

You want to avoid staying over in Yeovil - it is a fairly souless place. Also the ground is a couple of miles away from the station/town centre on the outkirts of town.

Try hiring a car - at that time of night you can do Yeovil to Woking in less than 2 hours as it is largely dual carriageway (A303) or motorway (M3) all the way.

There are two railway stations in Yeovil, Yeovil Junction is the out of town one which is a pity because that''s the line to Waterloo which would stop at Woking. The other station, Pen Mill is not too far out of town and I think goes to Kings Cross. Both stations are a long way from the ground and the town centre. Nowt wrong with Yeovil, plenty of decent accomodation

I was down that area yesterday, took me 5hours to get to Beccles 303 M3 M25 CRAP roads M25 full of pick and dig, road works,anyone who is going to this match give yourselfs plenty of time to get there, the braindead person who pulled this one out for a mid week match should be shot,Glad to see they come to us on Saturday though

Pete,

Avoid the M11 and use the A1M via Baldock - this will cut out a lot of the roadworks. As for the M3/A303, an alternative route is to go M4/M5 to Taunton which is only about 25 minutes away from the ground.

[quote user="Arthur Frederick"]There are two railway stations in Yeovil, Yeovil Junction is the out of town one which is a pity because that''s the line to Waterloo which would stop at Woking. The other station, Pen Mill is not too far out of town and I think goes to Kings Cross. Both stations are a long way from the ground and the town centre. Nowt wrong with Yeovil, plenty of decent accomodation[/quote]
The last Waterloo train leaves Junction way too early.

As for Pen Mill going to Kings Cross, you certainly know about a service that I''ve never heard of. Pen Mill is on the slow Bristol to Weymouth line.

Thanks for your suggestions. It seems that I have to stay over night in Yeovil if I decide to go. Not sure that the meeting in Woking will finish in time to reach the game either... [:)]I guess it''s possible to buy ticket at the stadium if I make the trip?Anyway, I will for sure travel to Norwich during the spring to celebrate the promotion!

I take it this is the cup game that everyone is going on about, if so then pete_norw, they obviously had pre-scheduled it so they couldn''t have moved it. [:s]

I will reach the game. However, I have to book a hotel in Yeovil, and wake up early to be back for meeting Wednesday morning in Woking... This will be the first time I see a Norwich away win live [:)]I have only been to three away games though. Reading 1997 (1-2), Birmingham 1999 (0-0) and Charlton 2007 (0-2).

[quote user="Ole"]I will reach the game. However, I have to book a hotel in Yeovil, and wake up early to be back for meeting Wednesday morning in Woking...
This will be the first time I see a Norwich away win live [:)]
I have only been to three away games though. Reading 1997 (1-2), Birmingham 1999 (0-0) and Charlton 2007 (0-2).

[/quote]

I would have thought renting a car is not that much more expensive than buying train tickets and taxis..........

Treat yourself.... although I hope the weather is nice as the away end in uncovered at Yeovil.

No way that I would drive in UK - as they drive on the wrong side of the road [:D

[quote user="pete_norw"]the braindead person who pulled this one out for a mid week match should be shot[/quote]

Errrr......its a League Cup match...they''re all midweek (apart from the Final - which is an easy trip for us....car to Stanmore tube and then down to Wembley Park!!!!)

[quote user="Ole"]No way that I would drive in UK - as they drive on the wrong side of the road [:D

[/quote]

Ole,

It is virtually all dual carriageway or motorway all the way - so it doesnt matter so much