Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Bigger and Stronger..................

Its no secret that we have been looking to get much bigger and more physical as a squad...............

In that thought........... here is my "physical" 11............

......................................................... Rudd (6'' 3")....................................

Spillane  (6'' 1")..........      Nelson  (6'' 2")..............          Askou  (6'' 3")..............       Drury (5'' 11")

Hughes (5'' 11").........   Adeyemi  (6'' 1")................      OTJ  (6'' 3")...............         Lappin (5'' 11")

..............................Holt    (6'' 0").......................................    Maric   (6'' 1") 

I''ve been saying for at least 5 seasons that our lack of height and physical presence is a problem.

This will be a must to get out of this league and i''m glad it''s been addressed.

Pattison is more of a physical player than Lappin, despite his lack of height. [:D]

Is Adeyemi really 6''1"?? Ive never seen him play, but from pictures i imagined him to be 5''8/9"?

That''d be a good team if wanted to be a mid-table side in this league.

You also need to blend the big physical players with a couple flair players who''ll carve open defenses ala Hoolahan & McVeigh.

[quote user="Shake n Vac the basd meerkat up"]I always imagined Drury to be smaller
[/quote]

Those are the numbers based on the official website and some wiki stuff.

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

Pattison is more of a physical player than Lappin, despite his lack of height. [:D]

Is Adeyemi really 6''1"?? Ive never seen him play, but from pictures i imagined him to be 5''8/9"?

[/quote]

Adeyemi is huge, he certainly doesn''t look 17!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ve been saying for at least 5 seasons that our lack of height and physical presence is a problem. This will be a must to get out of this league and i''m glad it''s been addressed.[/quote]

So have I, but with the great recruits Gunn has made, we have a reasonably physical squad.

All we need now in my opinion is Ifill, Maric and Askou.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Shake n Vac the basd meerkat up"]I always imagined Drury to be smaller[/quote]

Those are the numbers based on the official website and some wiki stuff.

[/quote]I''m doubting you USAcanary,  it just looks like where I sit Drury looks smaller.  I always used to think Earnie was given an extra inch or two.

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

[/quote]Does he look 5''8/9 in this picture[IMG]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/98/15/0,,10355~5576088,00.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

[/quote]
Does he look 5''8/9 in this picture

[IMG]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/98/15/0,,10355~5576088,00.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]he looks about 6,3  and he has bulked up this season...think he will make a case for a permenant position in midfield this season [Y] hopefully he can also chip in with a few goals aswell