Sign in to follow this  
The Original Yellow Fever

Leon to start on Saturday

yeah, seen this too - it''s about time. He''s going in my fantasy league squad for the weekend, no question!

Also i think bringing the Doc on as a sub is a good ploy. Worked very well against Newcastle as later in the game, if it''s still in the balance, more long balls start to be played and the doc can knock balls on for hucks to test tiring defences with.

3 points Saturday - PLEEEAAASE!

let''s hope leon starting will spark the team into life from the word go

also, let''s now forget all this long ball crap and start learning to pass the ball and keep possession, then get into space - it isn''t really too hard, we just need to be positive and go for a win

not pack out a midfield we still don''t control (even with five in there)

nigel said in full artcle on the offy site...

"And he said the time had come to "go back to basics" and concentrate on hard work first and pretty passing second.

"The one thing we maybe overfocused on was the passing side, and the workrate has maybe suffered a little bit for that.

"Now we go back to basics. It will be hard work first - play later."

so it might be back to route one, pumping balls at leon...hope not.....

As I''ve said elsewhere I can''t really understand what this distinction is between hard work and playing good football. Alright when we''ve not got the ball we need to be closing them down and preventing them playing but when we do have the ball we need to keep it and that requires equally hard work making runs, getting into space, etc. If we do that it looks like good football to me. Good organisation, ball retention and team spirit can work wonders as Everton have demonstrated and I wouldn''t say that player for player they are any better than City (especially now they don''t have Rooney).