Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

The 1st team you EVER supported?

I was born on the day of the Milk Cup semi final against Ipswich and within minutes had been photographed with a Norwich city hat on my head (well my head on the hat). My first baby suit had a Norwich badge on....... I was forced into supporting Norwich since the day I was born, and had absolutely no choice whatsoever but to be a Norwich fan. I went to my first game at about 4, and went regularly until I had my first season ticket at 8...... that season we finished 3rd...... the following season I went to the Uefa cup games.

All that, and it is the first time that it has been painful to call myself a City fan. Yet I always will be.

''Youngsters? They are the future...and the ones who mainly create the atmosphere in the ground. We''re losing them at an alarming rate right now due to the season ticket scam aimed at the luvvies.''

- ''luvvies'' (as if watching a 3rd Tier provincial football team is in any way trendy or fashionable? I think not), but there is no doubt we (football fans) are all getting older and I think once again to be fair to this Board, they have belatedly realised that we need to bring on de ''young ones'' (hence the recent discounts). When I was 17 or so in the Barclay in the 70''s, I got the impression that most people around me were my age or similar. 

Having said that I am an incomer (and out goer as I now live in London again) but sadly no ''luvvie (shame). First Team I ever remember liking was West Brom when I saw them play in the 68 Cup Final on T.V. Born in Lewisham, first team I ever watched was Palace, parents moved to Norwich in 1971, and started to go to Carra, going every season since 1976, but forever an outsider, and always ribbed about the Palace connection.  

Man Utd, my family were never into football and my dad was always a Rugger man. Of course in the early nineties Man Utd were the best team. However after making my dad take me to Carrow Road at the age of 6, I got the Norwich bug, as did he and my sister.