Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Pattison to leave on loan??

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

thats one game in 30. He isnt good enough and a waste of money.

In most of the games i have seen him he has looked slow disinterested and 7 in 10 passes went out of play or to an opponant.

[/quote]

I cited the Plymouth game as a perfect example of what I was saying. However, granted I have only seen him play 4 times although on each of those occasions he has played well and has been totally committed. IMO based upon what I have seen of him, he is a very decent player.

I for one would not shed any tears if he never played for us again, he was meant to be one of the famous Premiership inbetween players that Roeder promised but after his initial loan period he has never really delivered. He is tough and energetic without doubt but then so was Andy Hughes, both of them were a waste of money.

When he came in on loan I was not convinced and after we signed him full time I thought he was generally poor. He (rightly IMO) got a lot of stick on here at the time as he was clearly over weight. But he has improved without doubt, he (usually) has lots of energy as a sub (remember him winning the penalty v Barnsley?) and all things being equal,  few could object to him being part of the squad. I''d have him on the  bench before Fotheringham. But energy and non-stop running are not enough. We have Russell for that. We need some confidence-building skill players - Gow & Hoolahan showed the benefits of that v Cardiff on Tuesday. And all things aren''t equal. If Pattison and Gunn don''t see eye to eye then I don''t want Gunn distracted by too many man-management problems right now. (Lappin showed the right attitude and caused Roeder no problems - despite everything - and I hope others do the same).

This is so wrong, he should be in our squad, even coming on as a sub would help the team.

IF we go down, and we lose Patty then we are mugs.

I don''t care if people think he''s slow, fat, whatever, when he played he mostly played with flair and passion and scored 3 in 4 games.

As I have said before, if Crook/Butterworth or Gunn have fell out with Patty then its NCFC loss.

Newcastle thought he was good enough to take him on in the first place, yet little old Norwich think hes not worth the effort.

Stupid, just plain Stupid!!!

Cheers All

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

Well according to Sky Sports we will allow him to go.

I just can not understand why??? Gunns said Fozzy can go on loan, we can''t let Matty Patty (Mayonaise) leave as well?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5040594,00.html

[/quote]That leaves us very short of central midfielders, assuming Fozzy''s not getting back in the side.  Strange.  We''d have Clingan and Russell only, and Russell''s usually 1 game away from suspension.

Not a bad player Pattison. Not the greatest footballer you''ll ever see, that is for sure, but he''s got a decent range of passing on him, strikes a good ball, brave in the tackle and got a bit of pace to get around the pitch.

A handy player to have in the squad.