Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

The loan system and the way it is used

This is something that has bugged me all season both the way we have used it and the system itself.

I believe the loan system needs a serious shake up, I think a team should only be allowed 4 loan deals over a season and those deals should only be made in the summer and winter transfer windows. Premiership teams are not able to loan players outside of the transfer windows and in my opinion neither should championship clubs therefore they consequently have to plan better at the start of the season.

Outside of the transfer window premier league clubs cannot loan to one another, yet they can loan to championship clubs. This is helping make the gap between the championship a lot larger as players like Ryan Bertrand are getting playing time they wouldn''t get at Chelsea. At the same time as accepting these players we are stifling the development of our own younger players.

A championship club with a squad of  23 "average standard" contracted players and 2 loan players over a season would be a better arrangement for all concerned. I know some people may say that a club in financial trouble wouldn''t be able to cope paying a squad of 23 players- in this case the emphasis should be promoting their youngsters from their youth setup and putting more effort into scouting for rough diamonds in non league. I would rather we had gone down this route I don''t think the results could be any worse, could they be?  Also the revolving door policy of loans coming in and out must be a dreadful drain on the morale of players who are currently contracted to the club and I believe it is only human nature that cliques will develop in these situations, not to mention the inevitable question about any loan player''s effort for the cause.

Another concern about the system and the way we have used it is regarding so called emergency loans, to me the system should be changed so that emergency means emergency - "half the team has a stomach bug so a player needs to be brought in", not the way we have used it -as a matter of course over the season.

I also dislike the way that we were allowed to loan Jamie Cureton out to Barnsley, surely it is wrong that a player can have an indirect impact in the same division against the club who owns his registration- why should clubs in the championship be able to loan players to other clubs in championship full stop. By being allowed to loan Leroy Lita from Reading and him scoring a hat trick against Wolves (one of Readings rivals) his impact somehow doesn''t seem right. I also dislike the way that a club like Reading is getting its strikers fit and into form at another championship club who are no threat to them -no doubt if we had gone on a massive unbeaten run with Lita scoring 25 goals and threatened Readings league position they would have recalled him.

Personally I believe altering the loan system in the future would stop a club like ourselves having the pantomime that has took place this season, clubs should cut their cloth live within their means and accept if they are not good enough- but not have everybody elses cast offs who are nowhere near good enough for their own first teams. I would have rather seen a squad of our youngsters getting game time rather than watching other clubs rubbish take us down. 

Even easier than this ..... ban the loan system altogether. Why should we increase the value of players that we will never be allowed to buy for other clubs and at the same time restrict the development of our own youth players. If a club is short of players because of injuries that is the time for opportunity for youth players. It used to work that way!

Impose squad limitations on clubs and there would be plenty of players available to buy (at reasonable prices) to make up club''s squads.

I agree in the main with this and the loan system needs changes.  The amount of loans we have been involved with this season is pure madness and I agree that I would rather us be in this position through playing our own young players.  We could at least comfort ourselves that some long-term team building was taking place as well as saving ourselves millions in agents fees and wages.  I doubt the likes of Sibierski were playing for peanuts each week.

I agree also. 

They could start by banning loans between clubs in the same division.  Cureton''s goal for Barnsley in their win at Burnley could keep them up and send us down.  And Wolves will be highly chuffed if Reading pinch a promotion place thanks to Lita''s hat trick for us against them.

[quote user="mystic megson is back "]

I agree also. 

They could start by banning loans between clubs in the same division.  Cureton''s goal for Barnsley in their win at Burnley could keep them up and send us down.  And Wolves will be highly chuffed if Reading pinch a promotion place thanks to Lita''s hat trick for us against them.

[/quote]

(should''ve been "their promotion place")