Sign in to follow this  
Hcuk

Nicky Butt

Just read on the BBC site that Man U are looking for a season long loan of Nicky Butt, i know we already have a loan and can only have one more, but he''s a class player and would probably want a challenge. I guess his wages might be a problem.

Why would they want to loan him out for a year? I would have thought, at his age, he would either fight for his place or be sold. Just a rumour methinks

One of the bigger clubs will definitely take him Chris. I was recently on Middlesbrough''s site, they''re very keen on him. As are Newcastle as a replacement for Speed. Mind you, I don''t know why Man Utd would want to shift him and keep Keane. Butt''s much better than him now.

Although players of his age aren''t allowed to go on a season long loan, I believe the limit is three months. Somebody will buy him.

the enthusiasm for Holt is admirable- but as good as Nicky Butt??? I think that is pushing it!!! After all just look at Butt''s experience. Nevertheless I do not think we need that area of the pitch covered...right wing and defence.

And please, not Scowcroft!

I don''t understand all this admiration for Nicky Butt, frankly.

If it wasn''t for Pele saying he played well, none of us English people (or any other nationality) would have noticed him in the World Cup. He can''t run with the ball like Holt does, he''s not as quick at tracking back like Holt is, and he only passes four yards, and it''s always sideways. And he only plays one position.

We don''t need him at all. He has a reputation (cos he plays for ManYoo) but it is undeserved in my opinion. Leave him to Boro - they love paying for names.