Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Home Games

My grandfather was the first I heard saying this: "If you wanna stay in there you''ve gotta win your home games". He was talking to my father, while his team were battling the drop back in ''86.

Well, we''re not winning them so conclusion: drop is foregone conclusion. I know this has been a stereotype subject over the last four weeks, but it is goddamn'' reality now. I don''t want it, you don''t want it but I really believe it is unavoidable this season.

Reason: There are so many!!!

"This season is just about the lowest I have NCFC seen fallin''" quote: John C.: Season ticket holder + City fan since 1955

I haven''t been a supporter that long, but this must say enough about the state we''re in, I just don''t know how some of the fans can stay upbeat about it

As much as your points stand, I feel as long as we don''t LOSE at home it''s not a biggie - we need to pick up any type of points atm, so I''d grab a draw any day, but truth is we really do need to start winning games.If we cannot win games in front of 25,000 fans at home, how are we going to do away?!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

My grandfather was the first I heard saying this: "If you wanna stay in there you''ve gotta win your home games". He was talking to my father, while his team were battling the drop back in ''86.

Well, we''re not winning them so conclusion: drop is foregone conclusion. I know this has been a stereotype subject over the last four weeks, but it is goddamn'' reality now. I don''t want it, you don''t want it but I really believe it is unavoidable this season.

Reason: There are so many!!!

"This season is just about the lowest I have NCFC seen fallin''" quote: John C.: Season ticket holder + City fan since 1955

I haven''t been a supporter that long, but this must say enough about the state we''re in, I just don''t know how some of the fans can stay upbeat about it

[/quote]

You have to remain upbeat until its mathematically impossible to stay up. Thats our job !

For me we don''t seem to be using our home advantages to our strengths,Yesterday we got the goal to settle everyone down the crowd come to life and for 10 minutes looked like we could go in 2 up at half time,but Corts header which looked goal bound was saved & fozzys silly trick in the middle of the pitch which lost us the ball,while they retained it it then eventually lead to there equalizer which  then team confidence looks shot, which loses the confidence of the 12th man the crowd.

Also we have one of the narrower pitches in the league and don''t use it properly, it''s o.k sending the ball side ways on a larger pitch i.e Molineux wingers don''t get closed down so quick, but with us taking so long to get it out wide via Fozzy or Sammy visting teams are quickly in posistion to deffend which makes it all to predictable and gives us no end product from our attacks.needs more diagonal 30yd balls towards the corners for Crofty & Carney (who for me should start home games) to run onto,Wes could provide these balls iv''e seen him do it for Ireland,time to do it for us get him inbetween Fozzy & Clngers skin a player or two then release someone forward or wide, Luke Daley or Gow may have the pace to latch on through the middle and still have wide opptions.Deffence don''t seem to be there anyway so for remaining home fixtures may as well go for broke sacrifice a deffender and play with three at the back,maximum points are required now and the only way to do that is to out score the opposition.Just before any slating comes my way off anybody who can be bothered to read this it is just my opinion.

Marshy

Shacks           Doc         Grounds     

Crofty         Clingers              Wes         Fozzy         Carney

Gow            Cort               

with out consideration of injury changes during a game: Patty on for Fozzy or Carney        Gow of for Daley or JC.

I totally agree with that formation (although I wouldn''t use Gow as a striker).

It has the added bonus of losing Semi and putting Wes where he is most likely to cause damage to the opposition.

It also allows Carney into the team without losing Wes.

But it''s not up to me unfortunately.

[quote user="Evil"]I totally agree with that formation (although I wouldn''t use Gow as a striker).

It has the added bonus of losing Semi and putting Wes where he is most likely to cause damage to the opposition.

It also allows Carney into the team without losing Wes.

But it''s not up to me unfortunately.[/quote]my only fear is, we crap at the back, yet we have lost a defender....[:S]

A defender who is a liability at the moment.

Two wingers who can track back means it''s more likely to be solid than our flat back four.

im more defensively minded, therefore, i would play a 5-3-2                                        marshall                       doherty                          shackellLeijer                                 russell                            bertrand                                          croft                      clingan                    carney

cort                                 gow/killen/curo

as i said, im more defensive minded...  

I don''t know where you got the idea that Carrow Rd has one of the narrowest pitches in the league. It simply isn''t true.In a way it''s typical of much the stuff people come out with on here. Their opinons are portrayed as facts. Carrow Rd 114 x 74 yardsMolineux 115 x 75 yardsBramall Lane 112 x 72 yardsOld Trafford 114.8 x 74.4 yardsEmirates 114 x 74 yardsPriestfield 114 x 75 yardsAnfield 110 x 75 yardsBritannia 116 x 72 yardsGlanford park 111 x 73 yardsMaine Road, (one of the widest pitches in the league) 116.5 x 78 yardsSt Mary''s 112 × 74 yardsEven Wembley isn''t as big as people claim 115 x 75 yards

[quote user="BIC"]I don''t know where you got the idea that Carrow Rd has one of the narrowest pitches in the league. It simply isn''t true.
In a way it''s typical of much the stuff people come out with on here. Their opinons are portrayed as facts.

Carrow Rd 114 x 74 yards

Molineux 115 x 75 yards
Bramall Lane 112 x 72 yards
Old Trafford 114.8 x 74.4 yards
Emirates 114 x 74 yards
Priestfield 114 x 75 yards
Anfield 110 x 75 yards
Britannia
116 x 72 yards
Glanford park
111 x 73 yards
Maine Road, (one of the widest pitches in the league)
116.5 x 78 yards
St Mary''s 112 × 74 yards

Even Wembley isn''t as big as people claim
115 x 75 yards

[/quote]Always one,Didn''t ya get ya rocks up this morning. 

Not at all. Just wondering why you come out with a statement that isn''t remotely true