Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Next Season

Right presuming we manage to stay up, what will we manage next season, will we be bought, will Gunn stay as manger, or one of the coach/AM getting the job, or an outsider, do the board have a secret stash of money for us to spend, or more cheap players, loans and freebies.I hope we keep Gunn as a coach/something else, get Dublin/Roberts/Boothroyd in as manager/coaches. we should have some money to spend, not much more than a Million or two (at the very very extreme most) i think with a bit of confidence, a couple of decent signings, making sure we keep hold of Crofty, getting the youth (Spillane, Renton, Rudd, Daley) into the first team.I think next season will be much better for are club, maybe even getting to the play-offs.sorry for being optimistic, and talking about next season rather than the finale of this one, but hey i felt like it.

Wish I shared your optimism but we will need a bit more than a couple of million in my book. The only senior players we will have left under contract as far as I can see are;Marshall LappinDruryDohertyStefanovicClinganHoolahanRussellCuretonMacdonaldEven hoping that a few of the kids finally come through we will still need 7 or 8 new players in the summer.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Right presuming we manage to stay up, what will we manage next season, will we be bought, will Gunn stay as manger, or one of the coach/AM getting the job, or an outsider, do the board have a secret stash of money for us to spend, or more cheap players, loans and freebies.

I hope we keep Gunn as a coach/something else, get Dublin/Roberts/Boothroyd in as manager/coaches. we should have some money to spend, not much more than a Million or two (at the very very extreme most) i think with a bit of confidence, a couple of decent signings, making sure we keep hold of Crofty, getting the youth (Spillane, Renton, Rudd, Daley) into the first team.
I think next season will be much better for are club, maybe even getting to the play-offs.

sorry for being optimistic, and talking about next season rather than the finale of this one, but hey i felt like it.
[/quote]

I think its perfectly reasonable to talk about next season.  In fact its next season that worries me more than this one, because almost everything we have is short term.  Everyone could effectively leave, from the manager, coaches, loans, out of contracts (Croft), permanents (Clingan?), and even the board if the offer is right.  The whole club will have to rebuild once again, whatever division we are in.

Personally I''d still take someone like Boothroyd if possible.  Realistically, I think it will be mostly what we have now, perhaps with Butterworth or Crook taking over from Gunny who will step aside.  I think play-offs and top 10 are going to be out of our grasp and it will be another battle for survival - cannot see where the money will come in apart from player sales.  Admire your optimism though GP and I certainly hope the kids break through. [Y]

[quote user="ridgeman"]Looking at our remaining games I am not optimistic that we will be in this league next season.[/quote]

Sadly, my comments are probably just as relevant if we go down.  I still think (hope) we''ll scrape through somehow.

Next season we will be in League 1 , i think we are nailed on certainties for the drop , clueless owners , manager who should not have got anywhere near the job and a squad of borrowed 3rd rate players .

I know everyone would rather we stayed up, but the comments saying its nailed on and others like it are just silly, were not in the best form, but we can get better, other teams can as well, but we just have to hope, i think a key will be getting a few 1-0 or 2-1 that we dont seem to manage, because they end up at 1-1 most of the time

I  am  more  optimistic. Firstly  i  think  we  will  stay  up  but  by  the  skin  of  our  teeth. I  think  the  current  management  team  will  stay  and  that  we  some  of  the  current  loans  will  be  kept  and  some  of  our  youngsters  will  come  through  into  the  team. I  do  not  think  anyone  will  buy  us  or  invest  much  new  cash. I  would  see  next  season  as  being  difficult  but  results  wise  a  bit  better  than  this, lower  mid  table. That  is  probably  the  best  we  can  look  forward  to