Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Sack the board..

From the little information we have been given, i thought the board were actively seeking investment rather than  a new owner.

It''s not the same thing!

Let''s be honest, it''s too late to save us this season now anyway. Decent players are starting to not even want to join us on loan!

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

ANOTHER VERY STUPID POST!!!

You cannot sack the only people willing to put there money into the club nd keep it afloat while looking for new investment. You realy are very stupid!

[/quote]

no, actually I would say your post is really very stupid. you have no idea whether their are other investors out there or not. Clubs far samller than ours have rescue packages and takeovers from interested parties/consortiums. The point is the current occupants are not keeping the club afloat are they, they are running us right down into division 1 with their "prudence with ambition" approach

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sack the board and replace them with who?[/quote]Exactly, the sooner people realize that this is the best we can hope for at the moment the better as people like the one that started this post piss me off.Theres no Abu Dhabi consortium to take us over so shut up you muppet!

Im sorry, this is the most ridiculous thing ever.

assuming the board want to leave who is going to put the money up to encourage them to go as this will cost (i think) £36m divided up into

£16m to buy delia & MWJ out,

£20m to pay of the clubs debt - delia has stated that this is one of the aims that must occur for her to sell against her will.

so £36 mill will result in the club changing ownership, not additional investment, which we all know we need.

And as for delia leaving for just the promise of say £20m investment in the squad (a la Peter C) i doubt that would happen, the old girl isn''t that rich that she can just write off over £10 million.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Cullum would already of had the club if it wasnt for the old witch in charge prefering to see it go to the wall rather than sell up . Delia Smith the woman who killed Norwich City FC .
[/quote]

yes I think you''re right. if we go down then I think there will be a major shift in supporters views, rewind back to October 2007, had she accepted Cullum''s offer of investment then we would be in a vastly different position than we actually are. If reports are to be believed he was sent away with a flea in his ear and powerful people like him do not take kindly to that sort of treatment. Posters on here can throw up all sorts of excuses but basically we need 6 more wins this season to stay up and I can''t see where they''re coming from. If we go down as far as I am concerned the responsibility for Norwich City FC being in Div 1 lies with Delia and the Board and no one else.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]The board obviously can''t be sacked but they could be forced to resign if the strength of feeling was strong enough against them, we''d then have to hope someone was waiting in the wings to take over. I think it would be worth taking a chance on that happening to get rid of this damn board.[/quote]

I agree the board should go, but I think we all know that there isn''t anyone waiting in the wings.  So we are sadly stuck with what we have got.

If an investor showed enough interest (which they haven''t recently), then I would be one of the first shouting board out.

[/quote]

I don''t think we do know whether or not anyone is waiting in the wings WAY, only the board knows that and my feeling is that someone would step in at the right price. Cullum has already said that he wouldn''t let the club go under and it could well be that he is waiting for fan power to force the issue before stepping in and buying the club at a knockdown price.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Cullum would already of had the club if it wasnt for the old witch in charge prefering to see it go to the wall rather than sell up . Delia Smith the woman who killed Norwich City FC .
[/quote]

yes I think you''re right. if we go down then I think there will be a major shift in supporters views, rewind back to October 2007, had she accepted Cullum''s offer of investment then we would be in a vastly different position than we actually are. If reports are to be believed he was sent away with a flea in his ear and powerful people like him do not take kindly to that sort of treatment. Posters on here can throw up all sorts of excuses but basically we need 6 more wins this season to stay up and I can''t see where they''re coming from. If we go down as far as I am concerned the responsibility for Norwich City FC being in Div 1 lies with Delia and the Board and no one else.

[/quote]

Well put, and fans feelings have their own way of developing, whether that''s by support of protests.  However I guess we all have to face facts that PC is not at the moment interested, quite understandably so with the credit crunch, the board are the ones keeping our head above water ATM (despite the fact I want them gone).

If we make the drop fingers will be pointed at the board.

[quote user="Broken_hearted_canary"]

assuming the board want to leave who is going to put the money up to encourage them to go as this will cost (i think) £36m divided up into

£20m to pay of the clubs debt - delia has stated that this is one of the aims that must occur for her to sell against her will.

[/quote]

The appointed Administrator will find a buyer, maybe not on Delias terms but it will be out her hands by then.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]The board obviously can''t be sacked but they could be forced to resign if the strength of feeling was strong enough against them, we''d then have to hope someone was waiting in the wings to take over. I think it would be worth taking a chance on that happening to get rid of this damn board.[/quote]

I agree the board should go, but I think we all know that there isn''t anyone waiting in the wings.  So we are sadly stuck with what we have got.

If an investor showed enough interest (which they haven''t recently), then I would be one of the first shouting board out.

[/quote]

I don''t think we do know whether or not anyone is waiting in the wings WAY, only the board knows that and my feeling is that someone would step in at the right price. Cullum has already said that he wouldn''t let the club go under and it could well be that he is waiting for fan power to force the issue before stepping in and buying the club at a knockdown price.

[/quote]

Agreed, but it''s not as simple as fans wanting them gone is it?  Don''t they have to be voted out by shareholders?

I personally wouldn''t like to risk getting the board out only to find there are no investors.

PC has said recently he will not invest because of the credit crunch, can''t get any clearer than that IMO.

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

Again i have to remind you all on this forum.

You think you speak for the masses - YOU DO NOT - you are a minority and will lways be that so come down off your horses.

Everybody is entitled to there view but the reason Delia is still there is because the majority of NCFC supporters are intelligent and realise that until someone else comes along with the big money required to own a football club as a hobby we will just have to wait. You go and demonstrate if you like but it wil be rather lonely........

Its only a game after all.............

[/quote]

I would say at least 70% of people want Delia Smith out of the club, It beggars beief that anyone can still think she has done a good job after the pain and distress our underperforming team has caused us in the last few years. I for one do not believe a word that woman and her cronies say anymore and the day she finally leaves this club will be a cause for celebration as far as I''m concerned.

For what it''s worth I believe there is someone out there prepared to buy the club at the right price but she is asking an unrealistic price for her shares. I don''t care if she does get a low price when she sells up, it will be no more than she deserves as far as I''m concerned.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, but it''s not as simple as fans wanting them gone is it?  Don''t they have to be voted out by shareholders?

I personally wouldn''t like to risk getting the board out only to find there are no investors.

PC has said recently he will not invest because of the credit crunch, can''t get any clearer than that IMO.

[/quote]

Technically they do have to be voted out by shareholders but if they got a lot of abuse as Chase did I''m pretty sure you wouldn''t see their arses for dust, Cullum has said that he wouldn''t let the club go under and I think he would be waiting in the wings if these clowns were forced out.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="NorwichRat"]

You think you speak for the masses - YOU DO NOT - you are a minority and will lways be that so come down off your horses.

Everybody is entitled to there view but the reason Delia is still there is because the majority of NCFC supporters are intelligent and realise that until someone else comes along with the big money required to own a football club as a hobby we will just have to wait. You go and demonstrate if you like but it wil be rather lonely........

[/quote]

I would say at least 70% of people want Delia Smith out of the club, It beggars beief that anyone can still think she has done a good job after the pain and distress our underperforming team has caused us in the last few years. I for one do not believe a word that woman and her cronies say anymore and the day she finally leaves this club will be a cause for celebration as far as I''m concerned.

For what it''s worth I believe there is someone out there prepared to buy the club at the right price but she is asking an unrealistic price for her shares. I don''t care if she does get a low price when she sells up, it will be no more than she deserves as far as I''m concerned.

[/quote]

Who do you think is out there willing to buy the club then?

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Technically they do have to be voted out by shareholders but if they got a lot of abuse as Chase did I''m pretty sure you wouldn''t see their arses for dust, Cullum has said that he wouldn''t let the club go under and I think he would be waiting in the wings if these clowns were forced out.

[/quote]

So you think that PC would save us?  He''s most recently said that he wouldn''t invest ATM because of the credit crunch or words to that effect, so that IMO strikes him off the list.  So who else is there with that amount of money to buy the board out?  My guess is hardly anyone.

PC has said a lot of things in the press, but it''s now my opinion the bloke is all hot air and no end product.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Broken_hearted_canary"]

[/quote]

The appointed Administrator will find a buyer

[/quote]

How far will we have fallen for administration to occur - we''ve always sold players to balance the books, especially during the last few years and this will continue

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="NorwichRat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who do you think is out there willing to buy the club then?

[/quote]

I wish I could give you a name but sadly I base my assumption on instinct and hope, I just don''t think a club of our size would have nobody prepared to buy us at the right price if the situation arose.  My feeling is that things couldn''t be much worse than they already are anyway, relegation will probably mean administration. When Chase was forced out we didn''t know whether anyone was waiting in the wings but it had to be done for the good of the club, we are now in an even worse position than we were in 1996.