Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

whats changed

Im certainly not a Gunn basher, and like the chap, so this rant is not about him, Firstly let me say, I was delighted to see roeder go!! And our victory post, but what has changed as far as team selection?? We still play a midfielder up front!! We still leave our only decent striker on the bench Lupoli!! Bell is sold, and Hoolahan gets sub''d when playing well! The Relegation is certainly looking us in the face at the moment!!

Whats changed:1.  Better atmosphere in stands and dressing room2.  Players playing with freedom and without fear of Roeder3.  5 points from last available 9 (would quite possibly have been 0 from 9 without the change in manager)4.  3 games unbeaten5.  Getting something from a game after going a goal down, for only the 2nd time this season6.  Simon Lapin training with first team and told he has a fair crack of the whip under new manager7.  Huckerby allowed to train with first team at Colney8.  Cureton brought back into the squadI think quite a lot has changed in the last three weeks.  Stop moaning, be positive and get behind the team.  Anything else will only do harm.  If you still have gripes with the club at the end of the season then protest in May.  Nothing is going to change before then - the manager is going nowhere and unless someone comes in with a big wad of cash, neither are the Board.

IMO the only change necessary was attitude towards the team and team spirit. Makes all the difference.

That said I am praying for a decent center half to cut down on the daft mistakes at the back.

Only lasts so long tho..., i only hope that Gunn has a new Centre back lined up, Semmi and Berty playing well, and Killen and either O''Connor or iversen ready to hit the target... \then Rusty and Clingan can b left to do the dirty work.

Doc, Marshall, Hoolahan and Croft, and Clingan come naturaly to me, in that, they don''t need a new manager to ''continue'' playing well. The full bks just need confidence n a successful team. Doc n clingan need more useful partners, and strikers are a definate ask! I''m all for loaning strikers, but i think defence thrives on consistency, so we need to sort that out with some relatively young local signings of promise.

Whats changed? Most importantly we have picked up 5 points under Gunn which would probably not have happened if Roeder has still been in charge and the team now appears to have the battling qualities which were sadly lacking earlier in the season!