Sign in to follow this  
Romantic

Realistic approach to tonight

I don''t know about you guys but I don''t honestly fancy us at all tonight (record, traveling fans impeded, shake up without decent training time etc). A draw would be a good result for sure, and a win would really stick an adrenalin shot through the rest of the season. So here''s a gentle request (unheeded - I''m sure - by those for whom a loss is an opportunity to further their own thesis on Gunn / the Board / Loanees and so on); Can we not jump down the squad and the management teams throat if we should suffer in the Midlands tonight. Give the team some time to settle before those amongst you who relish our predicament get too animated eh?

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLOWS !!!!!!

Time is something we certainly don''t have. I would rather us go there and have a go than sit back and hope for a point. If we go 1-0 down I want to see us still push forward as to lose 1-0 or 3-0 it doesn''t matter. Wolves are over rated and will choke towards the end of the season. Come on gunny, positive tactics please with 2 upfront not one!

i was going to post something similar,  as long as there is an obvious effort going in from the team we should not get hysterical about the result, i don`t hold out much hope though by 21:50 it will be all doom and gloom and barry on canary call wanting to know what we do in trainun ?[:D]

Heck I couldn''t agree more! I hope that my post didn''t sound like I wanted the team to play cautiously? I''m referring actually to our potential to slay the boys in the aftermath of a loss. Let''s get into them city. I''d love to see us go at it hard and take a bit of a risk - as I don''t think we have much to lose o this fixture.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]We''ll get something out of this, my wands been twitching all day![:D][/quote]"Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people''s." - Hermione Grainger, Harry Potter [:D]

I`ll take a point now...but would not see a narrow defeat as the end of the world.

However...we put 5 past this lot not too long ago, so who knows!!

Anything  would  be  a  bonus. may  be  to  our  advantage  if  the  game  is  called  off  gives  the  new  players  time  to  settle  in. Bristol  City  is  the  big  one  for  us  at  the  weekend, the  type  of  fixture  we  must  and  should  win

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Anything  would  be  a  bonus. may  be  to  our  advantage  if  the  game  is  called  off  gives  the  new  players  time  to  settle  in. Bristol  City  is  the  big  one  for  us  at  the  weekend, the  type  of  fixture  we  must  and  should  win[/quote]

dont agree YC, we have had an extra day to prepare as we played friday and also, we are on a mini unbeaten run and thus have a little bit of momentum. New signings and new manager also push morale up so Im of the opinion that there is no better time to play the league leaders away.

Im sticking my pound on a 1-0 Clingan at 230-1

Agreed though that Bristol City is our biggest game and what momentum we would have with a result tonight