Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Paul Ince

Lucky escape there. Just listened to him on five live podcast and he will only go to a club where he can bring in his own players. He lamented not building a team at Blackburn. He would have elbowed a bunch of players and started again. Another backward step avoided.

Did we ever have it confirmed whether we interviewed him? Albeit by phone etc? He was said to be interested. Perhaps it was this clean out / rebuild approach that ruled him out?

Imo think the guy is talking sense, you stand or fall by your own players, not others mistakes, as Gunny will find out when we bring nout in this window.

And if he fails he leaves you with a squad of players you don''t want and the prosepect of having to start again. Called Peter Grant Syndrome.

Call me nuts but I actually think the squad we have is decent, just needs a forward and center half or two. This bunch need motivation and focus not the upheveal of a new man and new team mates.

Either way it''s a mute point isn''t it.

Up the City.

I agree that Ince would have been a trainwreck. At least Roeder could spot talent. Ince''s abilities as a talent-evaluator are unproven, and thats the last place Norwich needs to be right now... in the hands of someone who would need to make changes for changes sake.. just because he feels he has something to prove.  

When it comes to  decision making, our board have a record of lurching from one mistake to another, so I thought Ince''s arrival was a certainty.Ince is so much like Roeder he could have crawled out of Roeder''s @...In Gunn, I feel they might have only gone and done it! done something right that is!! Time will only tell but I have a good feeling about this appointment for a change

True, but if Ince had tried to do it as quickly as Roeder did (and Ince seems as arrogant and divisive as Roeder) then we probably would have spun into League one. The team that Gunn inherited is now on course for another win (2-0 up) - he has inherited some decent players (more needed, undoubtedly) and is treating them with respect and playing them to their strengths. That''s why he is already getting better results from them than Roeder did.