Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

From the horses mouth

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Wally"]I was walking up carra rd after the match yesterday, and saw roger munby outside chatting to some people. I heard him mention Aidy Boothroyd, and asked if that was the new man? He just said, "it''s 90% done, just trying to sort compensation out for malky.". I couldn''t believe it! No word of a lie!![/quote]

So why are they holding interviews with 5 candidates then?

If he doesn''t get the job I''ll be bringing this thread up and saying Bollox so be warned!

[/quote]

CA !!

Quite frankly, I''m shocked. [:O]

[/quote]

I have to agree. I''m shocked too angel.

[/quote]

I apologise to you both but is it likely that Roger Mumby would stand outside and tell a complete stranger who has been given the job when the interviews haven''t taken place yet.

I''m fed up with people making things up I guess.

No need to apologise CA, you were spot on and said what a lot of us were probably thinking! It''s the silly season now though, it''s always like this when the manager position is available.

I heard Boothroyd on 5Live, he was asked by them if he had been in contact with the club, he didn''t say no but he said that he was here (Preston V Burnley match) and that should say it all and he said that in his opnion, clubs have a manager lined up already.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Wally"]I was walking up carra rd after the match yesterday, and saw roger munby outside chatting to some people. I heard him mention Aidy Boothroyd, and asked if that was the new man? He just said, "it''s 90% done, just trying to sort compensation out for malky.". I couldn''t believe it! No word of a lie!![/quote]

So why are they holding interviews with 5 candidates then?

If he doesn''t get the job I''ll be bringing this thread up and saying Bollox so be warned!

[/quote]

CA !!

Quite frankly, I''m shocked. [:O]

[/quote]

I have to agree. I''m shocked too angel.

[/quote]

I apologise to you both but is it likely that Roger Mumby would stand outside and tell a complete stranger who has been given the job when the interviews haven''t taken place yet.

I''m fed up with people making things up I guess.

[/quote]

I''m not shocked.  I''m a journalist[+o(]

I know Worthy wasn''t much good at the end of it all but even he was tickled by your suggestion that he might amalgamate running the NI international team with you.

At his request we didn''t quote him but settled with the more prosaic: "It wouldn''t be fair on either"[:|]

Of course, Norwich did not have a "formal" conversation in Ireland and so Worthy entirely made up his response to what he was told by the bloke in charge of the NI team who didn''t have a call from RM at all!

Doncaster is right in saying that he doesn''t want to discuss calls.  It was Roger from NR1 who telephoned although it was, of course, utterly informal.

Except not in Ireland.  Blew up in the face of the smoothie from NR1 I think.

PS: No doubt the Eastern Daily Press are on this "story" as we speak.

Or not, as the case may be.

When we spoke to him the EDP had not called.

[:)]

Odd that Mumbles was on Radio Norfolk after the game, near as damn it before or just after CC started.  He was adamant he wasn''t giving anymore info other than ''5 candidates''.   So Wally is suggesting he went straight outside and spunked the information straight down Carrow Road.

[quote user="Webbo118"]As a general rule of thumb, I tend to ignore all rumours emanating from posters with over 2,900 posts.[/quote]

And with good reason webbo......