Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

If Gunn gets it no one should give him any stick!

Simple really, the guy is a legend, Wiz and others dont want him, true he doesnt have experience and he isnt my first choice, but we need to get behind any manager coming in, to the end of the season or whatever.From the appearance on Radio Norfolk, I agree with what they said, I dont want him to become vilified if he does get it, certainly not straight away as some people on here seem to be doing, I think he will get it if he wins next 2, if so might deserve it.He isnt my first choice, but neither is this bizarre Bothroyd loving that is going on - the phrase one trick pony applies. I will give 100% support to whoever gets it, until it becomes clear otherwise.

you''re correct, i''m with wiz really and definately do not want gunn to get the job, however if you don''t give the manager support and get on his back, nothing good will come out of it, we''re in a relegation battle, and the players and staff need the supporters to get behind them to move up the table, if we don''t, then I think we have condemed ourself to league one football. so whether we like whoevers in charge or not, we have to get behind them!

[quote user="CT "]So if we end up getting relagated then we shouldnt blame him?
[/quote]

errrrrrrrrrrr...............no, blame glenn and the board.

[quote user="CT "]So if we end up getting relagated then we shouldnt blame him?[/quote]We all know who to blame for it, THE BOARD!  He loves the club and would do all he could, its the boards decision and their fault if they appoint him and it doesnt work out, like holding onto Worthy too long, Grunty and Glenn although he did his job for a bit.Hell if someone turned up at half our doors and asked us to look after the team for a game we would take it, he would do anything for the club and it would be them to blame for putting a nice guy out of his depth.  Plus relegation isnt a certainty you make it out to be, if we win next 2, would be much more positive! 

So just because Gunn is a legend he should be exempt from any blame? Sorry, it doesn''t work like that.

As CT says, if he gets the job and we go down, how will it be Roeder''s fault? Gunn has 4 months of the season to save us if he gets the job. It''s as simple as that.

If he doesn''t want to tarnish his image, then he won''t take the job.

[quote user="kaiman"]you''re correct, i''m with wiz really and definately do not want gunn to get the job, however if you don''t give the manager support and get on his back, nothing good will come out of it, we''re in a relegation battle, and the players and staff need the supporters to get behind them to move up the table, if we don''t, then I think we have condemed ourself to league one football. so whether we like whoevers in charge or not, we have to get behind them![/quote]

So if we appoint Gunn and it all goes tits up after however long then we just ignore it do we becuase he is / was this ''legend''? Same criteria did''nt aply to Worthy or GR did it!! 

[quote user="kaiman"]you''re correct, i''m with wiz really and definately do not want gunn to get the job, however if you don''t give the manager support and get on his back, nothing good will come out of it[/quote]By that logic we should have stuck with Roeder, Grant, Worthy and Hamilton.