Sign in to follow this  
patrickhiggins

Same old story

Just back from the Palace match. Lots of pretty passing to no effect, stupid goals conceded through poor marking, Lita misses another sitter ...9 defeats in the last ten away ...the team is lacking in strength and balance  and we are right in a relegation scrap. I cannot think of a single player who played well today...Palace were poor but had players who did their basic jobs effectively . Yet again Norwich were a collection of individuals who couldn''t cope when the going got tough, just like at Cov, Derby, Wednesday , Watford, Burnley , MK Dons, Southampton etc etc

[quote user="patrickhiggins"]Just back from the Palace match. Lots of pretty passing to no effect, stupid goals conceded through poor marking, Lita misses another sitter ...9 defeats in the last ten away ...the team is lacking in strength and balance  and we are right in a relegation scrap. I cannot think of a single player who played well today...Palace were poor but had players who did their basic jobs effectively . Yet again Norwich were a collection of individuals who couldn''t cope when the going got tough, just like at Cov, Derby, Wednesday , Watford, Burnley , MK Dons, Southampton etc etc[/quote]

The only bright note from today,If you can call it that is, we are still 4 points away from southampton, home match on Sunday to a poor Forest team and Watford got a tough away match on Sunday  Now everyone keep those fingers crossed    

Like I said in another thread the fact that Palace were pretty awful themself makes this defeat all the more worse, the only big difference between the two sides IMO was that Palace''s defence looked much stronger than ours which isn''t exactly a big surprise, on another note it was a crap attendance and crap atmosphere inside Selhurst''s dump of a ground today...

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]What was the pitch like ?Probably didn''t help us as they ground share with Wimbledon and Charlton still.[/quote]

The pitch prevented any decent football being played. It was awful.

I''ll ignore the comments regarding groundsharing, as I''ll assume that it was a lame attempt at humour.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]What was the pitch like ?Probably didn''t help us as they ground share with Wimbledon and Charlton still.[/quote]

The pitch was the same for both teams today. so we will just have to admit that we were second best...