Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

FAN'S EYE: Taxi for Mr Roeder?

[quote]Whenever he gets criticised, Roeder seems to feel the need to fight

back with sarcasm. But all he reminds me of is a cornered cat, reduced

to spitting and hissing.[/quote]From what I''ve seen, that is very true. The man is the coach of losing club week in and week out and he has the balls to be sarcastic when people question him. OUT!

An interesting read, but I can''t really see much support for Roeder as has been claimed in other posts. The most "support" is probably the fact that The Man feels sorry for him. He does however go on to point out some of Roeder''s less wise moves and finally gets down to the nitty gritty, tackling the Chairman and CE (wages and all).

Yes Roeder is both responsible and culpable for our results and performances since he''s been here, and as The Man (and plenty of others) has pointed out, there is a common theme here. Manager after manager failing to make much progress, while one big common theme keeps recurring. The board are still here, same personnel, same ideals, same old, same old.

I am pretty sure Roeder won''t last his three years and I can''t really see many positives in keeping him on (money saving aside). But he''s merely one symptom in a long, long list of ills this club has suffered under the reign of Delia. What solution is there? Who knows. We have had our chances and blown them, let''s just hope we get some more in the future so the club can progress, whoever is holding the reins.

agreed , surely anyone with that much up top .. ie directors , just had to take one look at his cv , and thought isnt really that good is  it...!!

and must have asked him his plans for the way forward.

yes delia .. im going to get rid of your best player( most respected , player you know the one who doesnt want to play against you)

clear out a team you have gone to the expence of putting togegether with mr grant, after it goes on a sixteen game unbeaten run.

then to put in players most of which arnt proven in this leauge, one of which not even in this country,

get rid of the youngsters , free or on the cheap so other clubs can profit.

play people out of position.

pay wages for players we arnt going to use ,

surely being a big club like we are , plans were put in place.,

no stability in the team , players hardly get to know each other , how on earth can a team gel whatsoever.

get someone in , from a lower league, hungry.., the must be uncovered gems .. pay out rather than silly money on loan players , scouts.. good ones , not knocking mr gunn ,

we need people in the club who can spot raw talent , that must be better than shelling out for loan players, that will never belong to us.

Quite true looking at Roeders shocking CV, one has to wonder what the board was thinking about. At the time of the appointment I remember being uninspired but prepared to give him a chance simply cause he had more experience and contacts than Grant did. While he has signed some good players, his poor tactical decisions together with his poor motivational skills which rubs everyone up the wrong way and the bad signings and releasings have all combined to nullify the few good moves Roeder has made.

Adam Aikens article on Saturday firmly hit the nail on the head and only made public what the vast majority of Norwich think as well and I wouldn''t be surprised if the board thinks so as well!

The board needs to act before Roeder drags us down even further which would more than likely lead to relegation!

Roeder out! 

do you know what .. for a long time now i think fans are actually all thinking the same , i cant see anyone arguing or defending the guy now.

if the was as many people protesting as thier was in the city when norwich won the championship, we would have our wish in five minutes.

i certainly wouldnt trust roeder with my money, i would be questioning his doings in depth.

but we are talking about the norwich board..

[quote user="singing canary"]

do you know what .. for a long time now i think fans are actually all thinking the same , i cant see anyone arguing or defending the guy now.

if the was as many people protesting as thier was in the city when norwich won the championship, we would have our wish in five minutes.

i certainly wouldnt trust roeder with my money, i would be questioning his doings in depth.

[/quote]

The Norwich board do not and can never have, the experience of BEING in the football world, from a talent spotting/ players perspective.

They rely on advice (Dave Stringer et al) and the Manager when he is then appointed.

They are easily "fooled" by someone who "talks a good game". Hamilton, Rioch, Worthy (I''ll miss Grant as I could not understand him) and Roeder.

All of them have talked the talk and eventually had to walk the walk as they all failed to back words with the actions that pleased the fans and gained results.

Is it  a question of fooling some of the people some of the time etc......

you would think being in the game for ten years, ??

jimmy hill used to talk a good game , but i cant see him being motorvational.

i would loved to have seen his references from burney..!!!

oh my word his name is mud up there..!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

The Norwich board do not and can never have, the experience of BEING in the football world, from a talent spotting/ players perspective.

They rely on advice (Dave Stringer et al) and the Manager when he is then appointed.

They are easily "fooled" by someone who "talks a good game". Hamilton, Rioch, Worthy (I''ll miss Grant as I could not understand him) and Roeder.

All of them have talked the talk and eventually had to walk the walk as they all failed to back words with the actions that pleased the fans and gained results.

Is it  a question of fooling some of the people some of the time etc......

[/quote]Don''t think that the long in-depth interviews help.

[quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="WestMidlandCanary"][quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="porkyp"]

River End Rita wrote the following post at 03/01/2009 1:13 PM:

I think someone is stirring it a bit, things are not really that bad though we were rubbish last match we played.  Does the person who wrote this hate Roeder?

YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH HERE RITA......Things not really that bad.....where have you been!! 26 points from 26 matches is relegation fodder without a doubt.

We''ve been rubbish in all but about 5 games this season!

[/quote]

LOL I know things are not great but we are not in the bottom 3 at the moment so how can it be relegation form.  It annoys me that we cannot play like we did against Wolves or the scum every week.

[/quote]

Rita,

Even if we win every single game left at home - which given our form is extremely unlikely - we''ll still only have 56 points which may or may not be enough to keep us up. Away form is a joke so we may as well write that off now. Do you not see that as relegation form?

How many of those 10 home games do you really expect to win?

[/quote]

Yeah but why do you think the clubs below us will get better?

[/quote]

You still think that now Rita?