Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Worthy - Top Bloke Despite Everything

Worthy left this club in far from the best circumstances after an otherwise successful era, but at the end with the protests and all it wasnt nice and I agree it was right for him to go, but the way in which he departed you could forgive him for holding a grudge, but fair play to the guy he has consistently backed Norwich with Clingan and havent I read he encouraged other players to come here?  Then I read this from Glenn on bbc website:At that stage he was just completing his A licence and today he''s just

about to complete his pro licence, which he''s been doing with the

Northern Ireland FA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/huddersfield_town/7775201.stmAnd makes you think Worthy is Yellow and Green all the way through, still helping out our players and staff.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

agreed top bloke, hope he gets to manage here again one day kinda feel like hes got unfinished business

[/quote]Maybe, but he certainly deserves a better job than Northern Ireland!  But for now, I think anyone coming here its gonna be a tough job, as Doomcaster says, we dont have a penny!

No offence, but Worthy doesn''t run the Irish FA you know... he''s the manager of the national team.  I''m sure many ex-players are completing their pro-licence through the Irish FA, I rather doubt that Worthy himself has had anything to do with this... unless I''m missing something completely??Top bloke though - it was right for him to go at the time, but he''s shown true class since, never said a bad word against us fans who turned on him so bitterly...

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]"despite everything"

that''ll be winning us the title and getting us to the play off final...[/quote]

I think the "despite everything" is referring to the fact that he still has an affinity to Norwich despite the torrent of abuse he was subjected to at the end of his tenure.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]No offence, but Worthy doesn''t run the Irish FA you know... he''s the manager of the national team.  I''m sure many ex-players are completing their pro-licence through the Irish FA, I rather doubt that Worthy himself has had anything to do with this... unless I''m missing something completely??

Top bloke though - it was right for him to go at the time, but he''s shown true class since, never said a bad word against us fans who turned on him so bitterly...
[/quote]

[Y]

The abuse Worthington recieved during the end of his tenure as manager was down to the fact he failed to see reality and stubbornly refused to step down when it was quite clear we were in dire straights. I''m afraid I have little sympathy for him and as for the gushing about what a great guy he is, he may be off the pitch but lets not forget how much money he took out of the club when he was let go. He could have walked away gratiously with nothing, instead he took out hundreds of thousands which could have been spent on players. Some may argue that he was entitled to that money under his contract. I have no problem with that point of view but lets not get all weepy eyed about "Good old Worthy, he always did us alright" etc...

[quote user="TheFineCity"]

The abuse Worthington recieved during the end of his tenure as manager was down to the fact he failed to see reality and stubbornly refused to step down when it was quite clear we were in dire straights. I''m afraid I have little sympathy for him and as for the gushing about what a great guy he is, he may be off the pitch but lets not forget how much money he took out of the club when he was let go. He could have walked away gratiously with nothing, instead he took out hundreds of thousands which could have been spent on players. Some may argue that he was entitled to that money under his contract. I have no problem with that point of view but lets not get all weepy eyed about "Good old Worthy, he always did us alright" etc...

[/quote]

Good for you for  sticking to your guns and not revisiting the past with a different agenda. But whatever peoples feelings about Worthy I will never accept that he deserved the abuse he got at the end of his time here. And now two years later we''d love to be back to where we were when that abuse rained down on him.

[quote user="gissing canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

agreed top bloke, hope he gets to manage here again one day kinda feel like hes got unfinished business

[/quote]Maybe, but he certainly deserves a better job than Northern Ireland!  But for now, I think anyone coming here its gonna be a tough job, as Doomcaster says, we dont have a penny![/quote]But for the former Northern Ireland captain, surely this would be the best job...... Just like Slaven Bilic is the former Croatia captain and was on 40k per year to manage their national team, turning down 20 times as much to manage club teams.....I also wonder whether Norwich is a better job than Northern Ireland anway, the team isn''t any better and he gets to spend most weeks walking around the North Norfolk coasts eating in pubs with his wife.....