Sign in to follow this  
Theythinkitsallover

Laughing at you Budgies

Well we should be just as you would us if the roles were reversed. Sadly that''s all both of us will have to look forward to in the future. No more trophies,no challenging for the league and maybe a good cup run. The sad thing is that there are probably 80 plus clubs who think the same. Then we have players moaning they are too tired,don''t earn enough and consider a broken fingernail enough to miss playing for their countries. Give me the 70''s/80''s football anytime. Players proud to play for their country,hard tackles where forwards just got up ,no complaints about the number of games AND games where the Euro champions were truly champions. We both had times when we had clubs who could give the best a competitive game. Players on £150,000  whilst people everywhere are losing their jobs says it all. I hope football goes bust.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Wow. I agree with a scummer. Bang on, modern football is rubbish.[/quote]

Modern football is indeed rubbish!  As everyone outside the Premiership knows, it has been gradually destroyed since the formation of that league and the huge amounts of cash from TV deals etc that the clubs in that league get.  The best thing that could happen to English football would be for the "big" clubs (and we all know who they are) to **** off and play in some European "Super League" instead (as that is what they seem to want to do anyway) and then for the leagues in this country to get back to the way they always used to be.  The top flight (we used to call it the First Division) would become far more competitive, the excessive salaries of players would reduce to more sensible levels throughout the league structure and there would be far less chance of clubs going to the wall.  You never know, matches might all kick-off at 3:00 on a saturday once again! Television has ruined football.

Totally agree - I don''t even hate Ipswich as much as I used to, since the introduction of silly o''clock kick off''s (who remembers the derby''s on Friday night''s  that were shown on sky?)  Modern day football is indeed rubbish. 

I totally agree, the days of getting a decent manager and making something happen are gone!I am hoping that a cap on the number of foreign players is forthcoming soon, Aston Villa refuse to sell any and win the title through foresight. O''Neill would be a genius!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I totally agree, the days of getting a decent manager and making something happen are gone!

I am hoping that a cap on the number of foreign players is forthcoming soon, Aston Villa refuse to sell any and win the title through foresight. O''Neill would be a genius!
[/quote]

The cap on foreign players will not happen, primarily because the Football Association board is full of Premiership chairmen and there is no reason for them to do it. In any other business this would be called a "conflict of interest", the supposed guardians of the game being the same people who are destroying it.

The only hope is that the big clubs in power decide they''re better off elsewhere and leave us to it, taking the big money away in the process.

The cap that we really need is the wage cap.

Maybe instead of limiting the ammount of foreigners we could just guarentee the ammount of English players under 23 in a matchday squad say 3 or something.

Modern Football is indeed rubbish.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]Well we should be just as you would us if the roles were reversed. Sadly that''s all both of us will have to look forward to in the future. No more trophies,no challenging for the league and maybe a good cup run. The sad thing is that there are probably 80 plus clubs who think the same. Then we have players moaning they are too tired,don''t earn enough and consider a broken fingernail enough to miss playing for their countries. Give me the 70''s/80''s football anytime. Players proud to play for their country,hard tackles where forwards just got up ,no complaints about the number of games AND games where the Euro champions were truly champions. We both had times when we had clubs who could give the best a competitive game. Players on £150,000  whilst people everywhere are losing their jobs says it all. I hope football goes bust.[/quote]

Good post and some very good points. One scummer who can speak sense? Will wonders ever cease?

Yes it seems the thread I started a time ago doesn''t seem so far out now,re "What has the E.U. in store for the City", perhaps they should take this action....[:D]....arrdee.