Sign in to follow this  
MPR

Harewood rumours

Bearing in mind that Harewood is constantly cropping up, it reminded me of the story linking us to Dean Richards about this time last week...

"CITY boss Nigel Worthington this morning appeared to rule out any further new arrivals ahead of Saturday''s big Premiership kick-off against Crystal Palace.

Top of the overnight rumour list was a swoop for Spurs centre-half Dean Richards, .............
"There is no truth in that one whatsoever," said Worthington, who has nevertheless made it clear that he would, ideally, like to add a further centre-half to his plans before the transfer window closes on August 31"

So people had heard rumours, put 2 and 2 together and got 3.95 (ie pretty close). As the Hammers haven''t really got any other strikers to speak of, can we assume the rumours are true? If Harewood does join us, can we put in his contract that he has to look a bit happier when playing. He looked miserable as sin most of last season.

I like your logic ;-)

If I recall from an interview with him, Harewood was pretty disenchanted last season because Pardraw stuck him out wide right mostly, when he really wants to be up front.

I doubt we will spend 2m on one player though, but if we could get him for under 1m it sounds plausible. And of course, Harewood and Huckerby have played together before at Forest for 3 months... and to good effect I recall.

Ama

I''m sure Harewood would fit the bill for us nicely. I get the impression though we''re holding out for JJ. Worthy has said he''s made an official enquiry. Hopefully we can sort something out as JJ has some great experience and would be a perfect target man.

Keep the faith

I heard r*****s that a final (relatively) big money signing (~2m) was currently on the cards for city. Sounds to me like Harewood!

Where do u lot hear these rumours , on web sites or word of mouth because i reckon its all speculation as most people have been way off the mark with most of Worthy''s signings

Trevor Sinclair is being mentioned as well. Given the choice I''d rather have Happy Harewood as I think we''ve got enough midfield/winger chappies.