Sign in to follow this  
Fuglestad

What would you prefer?

Just wondering what people would prefer....We tick along in the Championship as we have been since the mid 90''s with a year or two in the Premiership once every decade or so, but with a certain amount of "Norwichness" about us. For example Gunny and Gossy employed, resigning players like Russell and Cureton. Or...The full on arab millionaire buyout, we win the Premiership most years but have no English players, coaches etc. No academy as such, tickets treble in price, basically become Chelsea (in ten years). Obviously most would prefer somewhere in between, just wondering where people would draw the line, in the pursuit of glory.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Just wondering what people would prefer....

We tick along in the Championship as we have been since the mid 90''s with a year or two in the Premiership once every decade or so, but with a certain amount of "Norwichness" about us. For example Gunny and Gossy employed, resigning players like Russell and Cureton.

Or...

The full on arab millionaire buyout, we win the Premiership most years but have no English players, coaches etc. No academy as such, tickets treble in price, basically become Chelsea (in ten years).

Obviously most would prefer somewhere in between, just wondering where people would draw the line, in the pursuit of glory.
[/quote]

Money talks and BS walks in the modern game. PC investment should be enough to get up back in the Prem and keep us there. That is all I would like to see happen.

Would prefer some happy medium of the Portsmouth/Wigan variety.  Totally disillusioned with the excess moneybags going into the Prem.  Personally I would like to see the likes of Man U/The Arse/Chelski and three or four others piss off to some Euro Super League and leave the English league behind. 

So your asking us to choose between the relative $hite that we watch week in week out now (even with a slight improvement of late) or regular Champions leagues football and winning the most prestigious league in the world every other year.

Hmmm.... I’ll have to think about that before I could commit.

For Christ sake people let keep things remotely real shall we. I’d be happy with finishing in the top 10 this season and the type of investment you talk about is never going to come to here. Even if god willing we do get investment from say Cullum, the type of money he will put in whilst if spent right could well see us out of this league and holding our heads above water in the premiership is never going to see us winning the damn thing. Cullum who is probably as rich an investor as we are ever likely attract has clearly stated his intention are not to continually bank roll the club ad infinium which is the sort of investment required to pull of such a feat as you asked us to consider. We need investment be it foreign or local to take us forward, as treading water in this league will only ever be the goal of Delia and co. And quite frankly we are bigger and better as a club (if not at present a team) than that.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Would prefer some happy medium of the Portsmouth/Wigan variety.  Totally disillusioned with the excess moneybags going into the Prem.  Personally I would like to see the likes of Man U/The Arse/Chelski and three or four others piss off to some Euro Super League and leave the English league behind. [/quote]I agree with what you''re saying. It will be great when the big four bugger off and they''ll be a few years of unpredictability before the richest club wins status quo is re-established. However I''d rather not be Portsmouth if you don''t mind, the silly sods haven''t even got a training ground and also: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/sep/24/portsmouth.beitarjerusalem

[quote user="Fuglestad"][quote user="Lord Horn"]Would prefer some happy medium of the Portsmouth/Wigan variety.  Totally disillusioned with the excess moneybags going into the Prem.  Personally I would like to see the likes of Man U/The Arse/Chelski and three or four others piss off to some Euro Super League and leave the English league behind. [/quote]

However I''d rather not be Portsmouth if you don''t mind

[/quote]

Fair comment.

I think the ''big four'' or six going off to some mega league and disappearing up their own ..... would be ideal. They can basically just play the equivalent of champions league football, they will ALL be owned by billionaire arabs who will play fantasy football with them, there will be political and financial fallouts, some will go bust on past excesses and it will all be a hilarious soap opera that we can laugh at from afar. A bit like Newcastle, only where no-one really cares. I think most people do feel for Newcastle fans at the moment.

In the meantime, if we could be an established premier league side, like Charlton were, that would be fine!

[quote user="a1canary"]I think the ''big four'' or six going off to some mega league and disappearing up their own ..... would be ideal. They can basically just play the equivalent of champions league football, they will ALL be owned by billionaire arabs who will play fantasy football with them, there will be political and financial fallouts, some will go bust on past excesses and it will all be a hilarious soap opera that we can laugh at from afar. A bit like Newcastle, only where no-one really cares. I think most people do feel for Newcastle fans at the moment. In the meantime, if we could be an established premier league side, like Charlton were, that would be fine![/quote]

i''ll probably get slaughtered when i say that i find whats happening at Newcastle hilarious... for years they have thought they were bigger than they actually were and have appointed a string of clueless prats as manager... the reality has sunk in that they aren''t a big team.. they just have lots of fans... fans who will turn their back should the club get relegated....

Newcastle have been up their own arris for years and are finally getting what they deserve... a Horrible Club! i hope they do come down... see how many fans stick around then!

jas :)