Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Roeder- on his way ?

Glenn Roeder mentioned for the first time today in his EEN column his budget... or lack of it anyway.

I have been told by a very good source that he could be gone by Xmas.

I understand that we are deep in debt, but we must find the money to buy a centre-forward (and pay his reasonable wages). No ifs & buts and maybees.

In conversations with other fans the general concensus is it is Roeder`s fault in failing to bring in the right kind of forward as we already  had Cureton and yet  he brought in 2 similar players in Koroma & Lupoli, and Hoolahan could play as the second striker.

Should we have kept Brown ?

But is it Roeder`s fault, Martin Taylor`s comments today particuly the phrase "politics within the club" what does that mean ?.

Imagine if this came to light at the time. This to me confirms that despite what the club say in public, that they support Roeder, behind the scenes "they" are not all pulling in the same direction.

I said to Mr Doncaster that the club needed to be more open with the supporters, alot of what he says is fact. I know we do not want to hear it. But lets be honest we ( most of us) do realise this club cannot pay players £20,000 + per week, so if a player we are interested in wants these kind of wages say so. End of.

C`mon you yellas.

[quote user="canarytim"]

Glenn Roeder mentioned for the first time today in his EEN column his budget... or lack of it anyway.

I understand that we are deep in debt, but we must find the money to buy a centre-forward (and pay his reasonable wages). No ifs & buts and maybees.

In conversations with other fans the general concensus is it is Roeder`s fault in failing to bring in the right kind of forward as we already  had Cureton and yet  he brought in 2 similar players in Koroma & Lupoli, and Hoolahan could play as the second striker.

But is it Roeder`s fault, Martin Taylor`s comments today particuly the phrase "politics within the club" what does that mean ?.

Imagine if this came to light at the time. This to me confirms that despite what the club say in public, that they support Roeder, behind the scenes "they" are not all pulling in the same direction.

I said to Mr Doncaster that the club needed to be more open with the supporters, alot of what he says is fact. I know we do not want to hear it. But lets be honest we ( most of us) do realise this club cannot pay players £20,000 + per week, so if a player we are interested in wants these kind of wages say so. End of.

C`mon you yellas.

[/quote]

Your brain seems to have leaked onto the forum and it''s a bit messy......

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="canarytim"]

C`mon you yellas.

[/quote]

Your brain seems to have leaked onto the forum and it''s a bit messy......

[/quote]

And  it seems to have cross-contaminated across to yours....

i still say watch the QPR situation carefully.. money is no object and if Fowie gets the sack watch Roeder end up there

jas :)

I think QPR would go for a bigger name and younger one at that than Roeder!

I think this is probably the last or one of Roeders last managerial jobs. This is why I think hes knows about our financial situation and hes prepared to tolerate it cause afterall hes not going to go to a bigger and better club at his age having been around for a long time already!

Yes we are weak going forward, not just a centre forward but consistent winger and we have a good attacking midfielder in Russell who Roeder doesn''t want to play instead preferring to play 2 defensive midfielders in Fotheringham and Clingan who don''t push forward enough!

Brown was not a success while with us but hes the sort of player who''d improve us at the moment as he can compete in the air, hold the ball up and is strong!

I think we are stronger at the back, have more options in midfield if Roeder used them, but are weaker in attack which makes the release of Hucks look more ridiculous every game we play!

[quote user="scott"]

I think this is probably the last or one of Roeders last managerial jobs. This is why I think hes knows about our financial situation and hes prepared to tolerate it cause afterall hes not going to go to a bigger and better club at his age having been around for a long time already!

[/quote]

I think your right when you say this.. roeder has managed some bigger and better players than at Norwich and has had no success.. 3 relegations and almost taking newcastle down in the process! if he was to take us down i think it would be very difficult for any club to take him seriously as a manager.

jas :)