Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

The Kitty is launched, at last!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If the kitty gets charitable status, we can donate money and claim gift aid as long as we''re tax payers.  Which would mean £10 equates to approximately £12.75.For that reason alone, I doubt the kitty will get it.[/quote]

The reason it won''t get charitable status is that, as anyone could research in about two minutes, that it has nothing even remotely resembling a charitable purpose, despite what its proponents claimed on here, and on the Wrath of the Barclay.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry - but the whole premise smacks of a load of ole bollards!!!

i''m all for extra investment, but it seems the club are giving this venture a wide berth - and for me, it lacks credibility - after all, why should city fans selflessly give of their monies to support the club - it seems the NCFC board don''t???  why don''t the board comeout and say they are at least prepared to match or double any funds rasied by fans???  no, the NCFC board will be the main beneficiaries imo - just as they were when fans subscribed to the new share issue - helping NCFC to gain promotion, and the club to asset build with the prem money that rolled in...

so, that when a certain billionaire comes along, the board wants £50m+ to be bought out lock, stock and barrel.,/

its a nice idea, in an ideal world - but imo the city board have shown they''re business people first, and fans second - i doubt if many fans will be taken with this proposal?<>

[/quote]

Sounds like your greivience is with the club the not with the Kitty. Afterall what has the kitty done wrong?

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry - but the whole premise smacks of a load of ole bollards!!!i''m all for extra investment, but it seems the club are giving this venture a wide berth - and for me, it lacks credibility - after all, why should city fans selflessly give of their monies to support the club - it seems the NCFC board don''t???  why don''t the board comeout and say they are at least prepared to match or double any funds rasied by fans???  no, the NCFC board will be the main beneficiaries imo - just as they were when fans subscribed to the new share issue - helping NCFC to gain promotion, and the club to asset build with the prem money that rolled in...so, that when a certain billionaire comes along, the board wants £50m+ to be bought out lock, stock and barrel.,/its a nice idea, in an ideal world - but imo the city board have shown they''re business people first, and fans second - i doubt if many fans will be taken with this proposal?<>

[/quote]

Sounds like your greivience is with the club the not with the Kitty. Afterall what has the kitty done wrong?

[/quote]fair enough CC - but the money will be spent by the NCFC board!!!   I recognise and applaud the honourable and  worthy intentions/endeavours of the NCFC fans behind this idea, but ultimately, the money will be spent by multi-millionaires, running a business - NCFC  isn''t a charity!!!therefore, regretably, imo - this fund lacks credibility, unless the NCFC board can be persuaded to join in - as i''ve suggested, maybe publically stating they will match the funds raised with investment of their own...

Thanks for clearing that up Canny...

I''ve read enough on this and other messages about it in the past to make my mind up.. i wont be investing.. im out!

(i''ve always wanted to say that!) good luck with it all the same though

jas :)

Lucky, the way i look at it is the fund will be here long term as for majority shareholders they do change, usually by fans pressure. But the fact is the club is what is close to every fans heart and that clubs in general are not embracing the financial rewards the Internet offers is a mistake, ever week the kitty is established gives us a head start over other cubs and this will be very hard  for them to catch up, IE google ranking.

Support will help the ranking as it will be easier to achieve with assistance from supporters which is why i have always asked for support over donations.

Did you also know that what i have put in place could achieve the same success as scoot or touch local? These are major companies who''s profits each year would seriously help the club to compete.

I have refrained from getting technical on here but there is a lot of doors that have now been opened to generate revenue.

Yes I do wish you all the best Cannycanary with your endeavors to bring more money to the club , which I am sure everyone agrees is a good thing , perhaps you will prove a lot of people wrong , I will say nothing other than to wish you good luck....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes I do wish you all the best Cannycanary with your endeavors to bring more money to the club , which I am sure everyone agrees is a good thing , perhaps you will prove a lot of people wrong , I will say nothing other than to wish you good luck....arrdee.[/quote]I agree with your sentiments Ray. I wish you all the best with the Kitty Canny. You talked really passionate about the Kitty and the club and I can''t see the Kitty itself doing bad for the club. I hope you prove us sceptics wrong!

Thanks guys, I didn''t follow Chelsea on Sunday did the ticket come in?

Well done if it did. Lets hope your luck is in the this week.

Regards Steve