Sign in to follow this  
Scorf

What I don't get is......

Forgive me if this is covered in another thread......

What confuses me about the "Iversen" business, if indeed it is he who is the one........

Several posters have had contact with"unnamed sources" who have stated that "the fans will be impressed / over joyed when they realise the quality of the name we are to sign"

Do they really think we''ll all be bowled over by (with all due respect) a 31/32 yo plying his trade in not the strongest league in Europe, who didn''t exactly set the English league alight when he was considerably younger!!

Do they really think, just because he once played for Spurs, we''ll all be delighted??

Seems they seriously over estimate the esteem he is held in.

Don''t get me wrong, he may (if it is him) turn out to be an inspired signing, but hardly one to get us all drooling (ala Hucks & Crouch)

Needed to get that off my chest!!

But this assumes that the people with contacts know what they are talking about or are not just trying to wind everybody up.

I may be wrong but the "big" signing to get us excited was hoolahan I think.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I may be wrong but the "big" signing to get us excited was hoolahan I think.[/quote]Yes, I had thought that as there was rumored to be over clubs after him, hence making him a big signing.  Could be wrong. 

Although, to be honest, I don''t really have any idea how Steff would perform at this level, I do know Roeder has been pursuing him for some time. He is also (so Steff has been told) prepared to wait until the end of the transfer window to get him; all this leads me to believe that Glenn sees him as fitting the requirements better than other available options (at the price, obviously) & I for one trust his judgement.Incidentally, this is the only conceivable situation where I could possibly imagine being able to give any inside information about potential signings, so you won''t find me covering the messageboard with veloherts (or whoever) type predictions.I seem to remember Steffen being pretty impressive at Spurs; does anyone know any Spurs fans who remember him?