Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Gel

6 of the starting 11 and 9 of the finishing 11 tonight were regulars last season so all this talk about the team needing to gel is rubbish.  We should be beating MK Dons whatever line-up we put out.

The real problem is the fact that we couldn''t score for toffee last season, which is why we were almost relegated and this problem has not been addressed.  In my eyes that is a failure by the manager, the board or whoever and something very serious needs to done very quickly or we will be sitting here 10 matches into the season in exactly the same position as last year.

I''m sure someone can put an opimistic spin on this......

I''ve not yet joined in any of the "we''re still crap" debates yet, but I wanted to have my say on this one.I am confused as to why, the highest priority A PROVEN goalscorer was not addressed earlier.There is some truth is a side needing to gel,and yet (even if we actually find one), we''renot giving the most essential part of our new side a chance before 3 or 4 games into the season.While this is only the first couple of games of the season, the apparent similarities to last year are worrying as is the lack of any momentum.I''m not going to shout and rant like a lot of people are (yet), but I am a wee tad worried.

I agree I just hope the team does  Gel and not SET. I realise also this is only the second game but am worried as we have not had the ball in the oppositions net yet!