Sign in to follow this  
CanaryRyan

Team to play Spurs on Monday?

Marshall

Semmy                  Doherty             Stefanovic            Omozusi

Bell                       Russell               Fozzy                   Hoolahan

Cureton             Lupoli

Thats what im guessing, maybe Clingan in CM instead of Rusty, and maybe Shacks instead of the Doc?

What do you all think?

Im hoping to see Omoz at right back so we can see how good he is there, and maybe Doc with Stefanovic would be nice to see!

If Drury is fit I''d love to see how is now after a long period out injured, pretty much guaranteed to see a midfield like you have mentioned and I think maybe Lupoli and a new signing we may get before then would be nice :)

I think Doc Shackell and Drury all had minor niggles but should all be ok for Monday night...

Unless more recent injury news has come out and I missed it

Just a one post wonder starting a rumour, nothing solid...

I''ve posted my team elsewhere but realised I''d put Bertrand in, oops...

So its:

Marshall

Semmy/Ozzy     Steve    Shacks     Drury

Bell        Fozzy       Klingon       Hooligan

Lupoli      Makiese (if still here)

Marshall

Ozzy Stefanovic Shackell Bertrand

Bell Fozzy Clingan Hoolahan

Lupoli Cureton (or another if we have signed one)

Thats the impression I got, if not we would have heard I think. If the news about Doherty is true, then it does raise the issue of having 2 left footed centre backs (I think Stefanovic is left footed at least...?) starting. I think he''''ll give a longer run out to Clingan, as with Bell and Hoolahan. I doubt Bell has come just to sit on the bench with a ''one winger'' policy, I also believe we''ll start with Lupoli up front with Makiese (who I hope we sign). You never know, another player or two might have signed by then...

Marshall

Otsemobor   Someone  Stefanovic  Drury

Bell             Russel       Clingan     Hooooooooooooolahan 

Lupoli       Exciting new forward/ Exciting almost new forward in the form of Makiese

Are you offering this as a starting line-up? In which case it will probably be for the first half, but there could be second half changes, for players like Bertrand, who should be back by now, Martin, Chadwick, Croft, Pattison and Drury. In fact the only ones ruled out are Spillane, for certain, and Doc possibly.. Lappin seems to have played his last game, Renton may be too much of a risk, and the youngsters may be held back.I am assuming that the number of substitutions will be fairly generousIn the team you offer, I would certainly expect Clingan to be first choice, probably at Russell''s expense.The other unknown is the last two players to be signed over the week-end. Will G.R. give them a run out? He seemed to be suggesting that his "big striker" could be with us before the game.so he might want to try him with Lupoli and Curo at some point.Even a new CD could put in an appearance.Spurs will present us with the biggest non-competitive challenge. I expect GR to use as many players as possible , to see how they cope.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Thats the impression I got, if not we would have heard I think. If the news about Doherty is true, then it does raise the issue of having 2 left footed centre backs (I think Stefanovic is left footed at least...?) starting. I think he''''ll give a longer run out to Clingan, as with Bell and Hoolahan. I doubt Bell has come just to sit on the bench with a ''one winger'' policy, I also believe we''ll start with Lupoli up front with Makiese (who I hope we sign). You never know, another player or two might have signed by then...

Marshall

Otsemobor   Someone  Stefanovic  Drury

Bell             Russel       Clingan     Hooooooooooooolahan 

Lupoli       Exciting new forward/ Exciting almost new forward in the form of Makiese

[/quote]

This one gets my vote. I''d put the loanee from Fulham in at centre half. I think he plays there just as well as he does at full back. The only change for Coventry for me would be the big guy up front!