Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Are we there yet??

According to the Perpetual Pessimism Party, led from the front by "chris" and "Billy Bunter" we are nowhere near, and the players GR has brought in are not good enough.  From crying in their beer (or should that be milk shakes) about a paper thin squad, lack of ambition, etc etc. they at least now have some players about whom they can have a good old moan.  An Italian under 21 international who was an understudy at Arsenal is not good enough for our PPP, we now have too many midfielders, we will have too many loanees and, to top it all, Glenn hasn''t purchased for them the glorious giant of a "target man" centre forward who will take the club into the Prem and save poor Jamie!!  Maybe the PPP were all closet Wimbledon fans from the old days and are secretly delighted that Stoke City''s massive forwards and dynamic, direct long ball footy has reached it''s just desserts in the promised land.  Yes, it would be nice to have a slightly "taller" chap up front to bag us a few goals from set pieces and lay off the odd high ball, but I''d much rather see the likes of Fozzie, Hooligan, Chadders and Bell threading their way through with pace and guile to lay the ball at the feet of a flying Lupoli.

One or two strikers are bound to be forthcoming before the commencement of hostilities, as, we would imagine, is a strapping centre half. Those, added to a patient and experienced keeper would make us about there, in my opinion. I can''t think of anywhere we wouldn''t have at least two in place.  So kids (and the PPP), please be patient. We''re nearly home.................

Well cross your legs and sit still Blah, I told you not to have all 6 beers at half time!

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I hope we get there soon, I''m busting for the loo...[/quote]

Best not look at this picture then.....

[/quote]

Or indeed, where your cat''s sitting, or is it a dog.......er??/

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Aaaaaah.  Panic over, you can take your time now.  Who''s car is this ?[/quote]

It''s uncle Glenn''s.  He says to make room for a big fella up front and another one in the back.  If we can squeeze an old bloke in the boot he''d appreciate it too,

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Aaaaaah.  Panic over, you can take your time now.  Who''s car is this ?[/quote]

It''s uncle Glenn''s.  He says to make room for a big fella up front and another one in the back.  If we can squeeze an old bloke in the boot he''d appreciate it too,

[/quote]

Tell you what then, I''ll get up on the roof-rack - no low bridges mind.  By the way, don''t drink from that open can of warm beer...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

Tell you what then, I''ll get up on the roof-rack - no low bridges mind.  By the way, don''t drink from that open can of warm beer...

[/quote]oh, er.......too late..................strange Sugar Puff taste, with a hint of rasberry on a summer day.............oh, is that a pube?gag!

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh, er.......too late..................

strange Sugar Puff taste, with a hint of rasberry on a summer day.............

oh, is that a pube?

gag!
[/quote]

Some things are best left to the imagination, don''tcha - think ? [+o(]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I hope we get there soon, I''m busting for the loo...[/quote]

Best not look at this picture then.....

[/quote]

Or indeed, where your cat''s sitting, or is it a dog.......er??/

[/quote]

It is a cat - although not I hasten to add my own, just a pic grabbed from a website.