Sign in to follow this  
Ex-greenoschin

My thoughts on Delia's original statement

Sorry I''ve already put this on an earlier post but I feel strongly about it  and wanted to air on a seperate post

"The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad." - Delia Smith, Jan ''07

This depends how you wish to interpret it..  I''ve always understood this to mean they are not going to sell their shares to someone who can''t invest serious money into the squad as well i.e what is the point in selling to someone who then has no money left to build. As they say, they don''t want just the money to sell up, but they will sell to someone who can buy them out and then continue to invest big bucks afterwards.

If you are a board basher you wont want to subscribe to any other point of view it seems, and no, I''m not staunchly pro-board but it amazes me how people accuse the board of "spin" (another buzz word) but then spin her above statement without considering it logically.

I too want new investment and truely hope Cullum  ends up investing - if he plays ball properly.

FFS people wake up and smell the coffee people on here keep on about "it''s our club, not hers" but are prepared to potentially prostitute the club to someone and castigate the board without knowing all the facts.

NONE OF US KNOW FOR SURE and I could jsut as easily have got the board wrong and would stand up and admit it if it proved to be the case .

We all hate the "little old Norwich|" tag but our witch hunt mentality makes us look like we are "little old Norwich"

OTBC

I agree with almost all you say, in fact I started a very similar thread. The key here is full exclosure , to be fair that seems to be the reason people are having to "spin" as we dont know the facts.

The only way this will go away is if they are 100% honest and give us all the facts and they make sense to most if not all

Too many people have already made their minds up - which renders them incapable of any rational, dispassionate analysis.

Everything is black & white. My enemy''s enemy is my friend.

Anything said by one party is dismissed as lies, spin, greed etc - whilst the other never even gets questioned.

BUMP!

Come on guys, doesn''t anyone else have an opinion on this interpretation of the statement. Its Delia''s comments that have provoked the backlash after all.  I personally think she has been misinterpreted and have tried to explain why, I''m intrigued as to other people''s thoughts and how they arrived at them.

OTBC

I have always been a critic of Delia Smith but I do agree with your post.  If she wants her money back (with or without some profit) then fair enough but her supporters should STOP peddling this myth about ''saving the club'', ''not in it for money'', ''would gift her shares away'' etc.etc.

Cullum has probably tried to buy the whole thing for £20M with no money for sharedolders. IF that is the case (and we don''t know) then he is being incredibly naive and being the businessman that he is I can''t believe that for one second. Presumably he thought that City''s financial position was so desperate that we would have no option but to agree to his terms??  

Cullum is certainly rich enough - f he wanted to buy the whole club I''m sure he could afford it.
Then he would have control and give Glenn all the money he wanted.
You wouldn''t expect the club to depreciate in value or fall down the leagues so in a few years he could surely sell up.
I think if he was clear with his intentions, prepared to pay a decent price to the shareholders (not JUST Delia and Michael you must remember) then the directors would think differently. To not be prepared to renumerate for any of the current boards shares in exchange for a ONE-OFF investment of £20m in players I find a little below the belt and I cannot help but be a little suspicious of PC - even if he is from Norwich!

How can Peter Cullum call hmself a fan?

NO fan would do to Norwich what he has done......   he has undermined the club and turned fan on fan.

IF he is a fan HE must do something to make up for this mess, that means put money in and ask for nothing back except the pleasure of watching good football and putting smiles back on peoples faces.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

"The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad." - Delia Smith, Jan ''07

[/quote]

the words of arrogance, someone who thinks they are untouchable.. or the words of a Liar???

jas :)