mickfoot

Delia. We love you!

[quote user="mickfoot"]

All the plonkers have forgotten what Robert Chase was really like. [/quote]

Under Robert Chase;

3rd, 4th and 5th finishes in THE PREMIER LEAGUE

2 FAC Semi Finals

City stand and Barclay rebuilt

The Mill site was bought on an interest free basis at a cost of £160k per season for 5.5.seasons. While the club received £50k a season from Carrow Commercials and car park receipts. It was  a cracking deal despite what some said at the time.

Let me remind people that we are paying Base +2 % interst on the £2.5m loan that funded the purchase of the ex LSE land. BTW have we completed the development deal yet on that piece of land?

[quote user="mickfoot"]

And do you know what. I like Michael Wynn-Jones and Neil Doncaster too. There''s not too many Chief Executives that''ll go out there and chat to the fans before every game. Good old Neil!

We''ve signed two very good players and have the potential (distinct probability) for major investment. Things are looking rosey!

[/quote]

Good for you mick, well done for having the guts to express your opinion. Don''t let the fact that the last line makes you appear totally insane put you off either.

ps - you didn''t look up in the sky recently and see some bright lights, experience a black out,  and then find yourself on a spaceship surrounded by 4 feet tall green men from another planet by any chance, did you?

I have a hunch that 99% of the pro Chase anti Delia brigade (those who go as the majority on here it seems who are anti Delia never go at all) are the same bunch of nobs who sang all that Tony Martin crap.

[quote user="mickfoot"]I have a hunch that 99% of the pro Chase anti Delia brigade (those who go as the majority on here it seems who are anti Delia never go at all) are the same bunch of nobs who sang all that Tony Martin crap.[/quote]

You tell''em Mick!

The quality of your hunches and assessments of our Club''s officials leads me to warn you never to back horses.

Really good point Mickfoot regarding the Political side. Delia and Wynn are of course rich people but we know they are towards the left politically (relatively speaking), and to my mind it is no coincidence that alot of the anti-Delia people (by this I exclude the serious critics, and I refer to the ''take your pots and pan''s'' brigade) are your Right wing, narrow, parochial types (to a large extent). We even have one vocal poster opening admitting to being pro BNP here. You do not find those who are travelled and worldly wise stooping to the level of wanting her ''run out of the City'' or ''hung from the nearest lamp-post''. Such people as I have said before need to ''get out more'' and broaden their horizons (beyond the odd visit to the Murderers Pub please). They accuse others of being without ambition, and being ''little Norwichers'', yet ironically they are living in their own small smug bubble. I do not pretend to be ambitious or adventurous, infact I am rather cautious, but I have tackled and managed projects in vaious parts of London (where I live), Plymouth and yes in Ipswich.   

[quote user="corbs"]

Really good point Mickfoot regarding the Political side. Delia and Wynn are of course rich people but we know they are towards the left politically (relatively speaking), and to my mind it is no coincidence that alot of the anti-Delia people (by this I exclude the serious critics, and I refer to the ''take your pots and pan''s'' brigade) are your Right wing, narrow, parochial types (to a large extent). We even have one vocal poster opening admitting to being pro BNP here. You do not find those who are travelled and worldly wise stooping to the level of wanting her ''run out of the City'' or ''hung from the nearest lamp-post''. Such people as I have said before need to ''get out more'' and broaden their horizons (beyond the odd visit to the Murderers Pub please). They accuse others of being without ambition, and being ''little Norwichers'', yet ironically they are living in their own small smug bubble. I do not pretend to be ambitious or adventurous, infact I am rather cautious, but I have tackled and managed projects in vaious parts of London (where I live), Plymouth and yes in Ipswich.   

Wow! London you say? That be that big city down south don''t it? We are indeed honoured to have you amongst us. For myself, all I can offer is living in Australia for 5 years, travelling throughout Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East during my life, currently managing 125 staff, oh and regularly voting Labour since I was 18, although it could be the last time as the latest lot are a shambles. I would not describe Delia as "on the left" in any way shape or form. Quite the opposite is the case, and the pro Delia brigade appear to be right wing, don''t protest, make demo''s illegal, don''t allow free speech type of punter to me.

[/quote]

[quote user="corbs"]

[/quote]

Absolute drivel.  Me and my mates used to run a fanzine which was often accused of being too left-wing and more than played our part in the Chase out stuff (remember the on-pitch sit down protest v. Aston Villa.....?).  In terms of travel, i could do a list but you probably wouldn`t believe it.  We`re off to the Arctic for the third time in October......

There are few differences between Chases approach and the current lot.  The small-club outlook, the "can`t do" mentality, the idea that a nice family day out at the football is more important than success on the pitch, and most importantly the never ending "obsession" with infrastructure which has eaten up most of the Prem money and left us with a team so stripped of assets that no-one wants any of our players.

We are one of the best supported clubs in the country with obvious potential for further growth, but this requires a level of drive, ambition and funding that Delia and co simply don`t have.  Time for change to at long last shake off that "nice little Norwich from the country" tag that Delia and her supporters are so fond of.