Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Just what kind of fan is Peter Cullum anyway? (And Other Stories)

The binners must be loving this. Ever since PC made his phoney non offer there are posters on here who think that he is a cross between mother Theresa, Superman and the Sultan of Brunei. While at the same time Delia, MWJ and Doomy are holed up making CR the equivalent of the Alamo and preparing to take the club down with them.Why did PC go public now in pre-season which is clearly distabilisng the club, when next season should be the priority, about a non-offer he made "informally" in OCTOBER. Now that is not the actions of a fan. He could have done this in May when relegation was avoided, but no he waited until the end of June when it would be most awkward.Why make an offer of a loan that he knew the club as a PLC couldn''t legally or financially accept? If he is so rich why not gift the club the money.Why doesn''t he make an offer for some of the shares that are unallocated or in the hands of supporters whom I am sure would sell them if it was seen as a way to move the club into a more financial advantagous future? Why doesn''t he make Delia an offer for her holdings?This all appears as not the actions of a fan and more the actions of an habitual dealmaker. PC is playing with the EDP, EEN and gullible fans when he would be realitively easy for him to play it straight. If he was a fan, that is.

We haven''t the faintest idea what went on between October and now or whose fault it is that this wasn''t done and dusted behind closed doors months ago.

We''ve covered this topic already in exhaustive detail.  Move on.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

We haven''t the faintest idea what went on between October and now or whose fault it is that this wasn''t done and dusted behind closed doors months ago.

[/quote]

That wasn''t the question was it, Mr Prophet?

Is Cullum a fan or a dealmaker?

Big Fish,

Peter Cullum really is a big fish .

He is the real deal and I hope he continues his interest in the club.

Smith and Jones have obviously taken the club as far as they can.

We are currently going backwards and need a serious investor.

PC ticks all the boxes.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

That wasn''t the question was it, Mr Prophet?

Is Cullum a fan or a dealmaker?

[/quote]

Both/and Mr Fish, not either/or.

Yes he''s a fan and yes he''s a dealmaker.  Will that do?

[quote user="alykanas"]

Big Fish,

PC ticks all the boxes.

[/quote]

I agree. Everything he has touched so far has turned to gold. With more and more clubs having investors for the long term we seriously need to follow suit and not get left behind.

I should have thought it was perfectly obvious why Cullum''s offer was publicised when it was.

Delia''s remarks at the RNS should give you some clue.

If you make a secret bid for a business and that business rebuffs you but later claims to be flush with new finance then you need to find out if it''s true and where that finance is coming from.

He was just shaking the tree and guess what, a few rotten apples fell out. There will be more to come before this is all resolved.

[quote user="Dan"][quote user="alykanas"]

Big Fish,

PC ticks all the boxes.

[/quote]

I agree. Everything he has touched so far has turned to gold. With more and more clubs having investors for the long term we seriously need to follow suit and not get left behind.

[/quote]the type of fan who wants to mount a strong challenge for the prem???  also agree the binners lust be loving it - after the way we let rip over the evans takeover and since...at least sheepshaggers knew the game was up and rolled out the red carpet><!

Rather than question if Cullum is a fan, perhaps we should question how much of a fan Delia is by not telling us about the goings on, instead leaving us to believe no-one was willing to help us out.

Perhaps Cullum saw this and felt the need for the press to reveal all. Ever wondered if we would''ve known about this at all if he hadn''t told the media?

What BigFish is saying sounds awfully like what has been said to me by a certain Mr Doncaster in correspondence over the past couple of days. I wonder.....

Whats all the suspicious posts about PC about? Surely we should be asking why Delia and co who had his offer 9 months ago, havent made any attempt to make a deal, when previously they and Doncaster claim they have been looking? If I made an offer 9 months ago, obviously hoping for some negotiating, and was given the cold shoulder I would probably go PCs way aswell. Ive got emails from Doncaster only a few months old claim no investers had come forward, when all the time Pcs been waiting in the wings for some sort of talks. Be a bit more suspicious of those still behind the desks. 

Just for the record someone i know works within the football club and they overheard a conversation going on about fans being on the board ( This is a few years ago ).  Delia raised her voice and said " Im not having any of the great un-washed in here "  100% Fact. I will let you draw your own conclusions.......

[quote user="Dan"]

Just for the record someone i know works within the football club and they overheard a conversation going on about fans being on the board ( This is a few years ago ).  Delia raised her voice and said " Im not having any of the great un-washed in here "  100% Fact. I will let you draw your own conclusions.......

[/quote]

110% Rumour.

Sounds like a recycling of the one about Chase referring to the protesters as "unwashed scum"

Both may be true, either or neither.

I''m bored  [:|]

[quote user="Dan"]

[/quote]

Allow me to educate you Dan. Anything that a) someone else TELLS you and b) is claimed to have been OVERHEARD is a long way from being a 100% fact.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dan"]

[/quote]

110% Rumour.

Sounds like a recycling of the one about Chase referring to the protesters as "unwashed scum"

Well i wouldnt put it on here if it was a lie. It is 100% Fact and i think for someone to say that about their supporters doesnt tick any boxes for me im afraid.

[/quote]

[quote user="BigFish"]Why doesn''t he make Delia an offer for her holdings?If he was a fan, that is.[/quote]Another keep the faither shows their ignorance again shacking up on Delia''s side...I will ask you this, is Delia seeking new investment? Last time I looked the 40th most wealthy person in the UK is a Norwich City fan who might want to put his money into the club?  Doesn''t look like she is looking to me.

[quote user="Dan"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dan"]

[/quote]

110% Rumour.

Well i wouldnt put it on here if it was a lie. It is 100% Fact and i think for someone to say that about their supporters doesnt tick any boxes for me im afraid.

[/quote][/quote]

Were you there when it happened Dan?

Let me tell you a little story.  Several years ago I was at a club Open Day and some kids were looking for Matt Jackson to get his autograph.  A steward told them "He won''t be here today.  Someone decked him in the players lounge after yesterday''s game and he''s got a black eye."  I heard it with my own ears.  Five minutes later I wander outside and there''s MJ chatting and scribbling away, not a mark on him. 

Coming from a steward it sounded like 100% Fact.  But it wasn''t, it was either 100% Rumour or 100% Windup.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dan"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Dan"]

[/quote]

110% Rumour.

[/quote][/quote]

Were you there when it happened Dan?

Let me tell you a little story.  Several years ago I was at a club Open Day and some kids were looking for Matt Jackson to get his autograph.  A steward told them "He won''t be here today.  Someone decked him in the players lounge after yesterday''s game and he''s got a black eye."  I heard it with my own ears.  Five minutes later I wander outside and there''s MJ chatting and scribbling away, not a mark on him. 

Coming from a steward it sounded like 100% Fact.  But it wasn''t, it was either 100% Rumour or 100% Windup.

[/quote]

No i wasn''t there but this person wouldnt lie. He heard it with his own ears and i believe him.