Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Excited Old Chap Who Still Loves Football Aged 66

Very sorry to hear what is happening at your club or who is buying it/trying to buy it  but still looking forward to Colchester United playing you in August although you stuffed us out of sight at Carrow Road in the Championship (albeit a friend who went to the game and speaking only on missed chances thought 8-5 to Norwich would have been fairer but who knows?).  Also: Colchester United 2 Ipswich Town 0.

We have Tiptree, Heybridge Swifts, Chelmsford City away to kick it off and watch out you Canaries we''ve just signed Steve Gillespie from Cheltenham Town for a club record fee "in excess of £400,000" which in our case probably means £400,000 and 19p.  Yaaaaaaay!!!!  I loved the Official Site "more soon."

Am I thrilled?  Yes, I am.  16 goals for a side battling relegation for most of the season.

Little things please little minds especially in very Little Clubs.

Delia may well be past the sell by date where you are but it would have been Marie who signed the contract this end! What a gal (or not as the case may be).

Our CEO uses Chanel No 5.  Yours?

[quote user="sig"]You''ve got the new ground to look forward to haven''t you Cam?  What''s it like?[/quote]

Sorry for late reply - I missed your post.  I haven''t been round it yet but you can see it from the A12 and it looks okay and from the pictures on the U''s website.  Whatever, it is going to be a lot better than the ground we subjected you to for two seasons. I''m not for nostalgia and frankly Layer Road, while part of club history, was in modern times a disgrace.  We went to better grounds when we dropped into the Blue Square Conference!

The more important thing is that we seem to have a decent owner at last who is putting money into the club, something we have never had.  Obviously it is not as grand as your marvellous ground but it''s a start and a 100 per cent improvement on Layer Road.  We don''t have your Delia but it''s also a vital opportunity to make money commercially, something which Layer Road could not do.  In these modern times that seems essential so I''m delighted to see it.  I never thought I would, personally.

This might amuse you: on several Colchester boards there are baffled supporters saying: "Are we spending TOO MUCH money!"

LOL, bless ''em.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I thought that was going to be a Lonely Hearts entry then. Shame[/quote]

Very good! If I wasn''t 66 it probably would have been......................

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I thought that was going to be a Lonely Hearts entry then. Shame[/quote]

[/quote]

PS:

"Lonely striker, fit and healthy, let down in previous relationship GSOH, car/house, seeks friendly Norfolk club for regular Saturday and midweek outings in the Championship League  with view to Premiership.  Non smoker essential, must like animals.  Must have own income.  Age not important."

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

PS:

"Lonely striker, fit and healthy, let down in previous relationship GSOH, car/house, seeks friendly Norfolk club for regular Saturday and midweek outings in the Championship League  with view to Premiership.  Non smoker essential, must like animals.  Must have own income.  Age not important."

[/quote]

Care to elaborate Cam? lol might just be interested.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

PS:

[/quote]

Reminds me of a story I saw a day or two camuldonum. A 40 year old very attractive divorced blonde has been trying to sell her home in very slow Florida market for $370,000 for the past year, to no avail. She recently increased the selling price to $870,000 by including herself as part of a package deal for the right partner/buyer. The first few weeks she didn''t attract any buyers but had many telephone calls. It was then revealed that she has five children. The phone has gone quiet. Package deals are not all that they used to be. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

PS:

[/quote]

Reminds me of a story I saw a day or two camuldonum. A 40 year old very attractive divorced blonde has been trying to sell her home in very slow Florida market for $370,000 for the past year, to no avail. She recently increased the selling price to $870,000 by including herself as part of a package deal for the right partner/buyer. The first few weeks she didn''t attract any buyers but had many telephone calls. It was then revealed that she has five children. The phone has gone quiet. Package deals are not all that they used to be. 

[/quote]

We''ll see but yes.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

PS:

[/quote]

Care to elaborate Cam? lol might just be interested.

[/quote]

I think I would probably concentrate on "must have own income".

You going to the Colchester game, Cam? (btw - 66? never realised that, you always sounded so youthful, innit [:P])

I should be taking my girls to their first game along with my brother

and nephews! Not expecting them to last the whole game (short attention

spans, those kids) so will have to farm them out to their Mum when they

get bored and rush back inside before I miss anything exciting

(!).  Hopefully though it''ll give them the bug...... already got

photos of them wearing Norwich hats which I took great pleasure in

showing to their Scum supporting Granddad (on their mother''s side, not mine!) [:)]

I still don''t understand why you post on here. Not that I care but it''s just odd. Free world though.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You going to the Colchester game, Cam? (btw - 66? never realised that, you always sounded so youthful, innit [:P])

I should be taking my girls to their first game along with my brother and nephews! Not expecting them to last the whole game (short attention spans, those kids) so will have to farm them out to their Mum when they get bored and rush back inside before I miss anything exciting (!).  Hopefully though it''ll give them the bug...... already got photos of them wearing Norwich hats which I took great pleasure in showing to their Scum supporting Granddad (on their mother''s side, not mine!) [:)]

[/quote]

I''m working so that The Girl Upstairs can go! Hopefully we will give a better account of ourselves this time.