Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

The £20 Million and the summer transfers

The most worrying aspect of this very delayed "takeover" or "investment" is that it is quite clear that we still hve no money! Hoolahan for £200,000 plus Gilks and Clinigan on a free suggests that we are still scrapping around for bargains! We need to get this £20 Million situation sorted or we will miss out on potential buys to other clubs such as Burnley and Barnsley simply because we can''t afford to spend any money.

For once the board need to act quickly and invest in the team or we face another disappointing season and Roeder will walk. I have nothing against Delia but this is a football club and we need good players, forget prudence and stadium expansion, lets just make some bids on new players before it''s too late. I sense this money situation will go on through out the summer and unsettle Roeder''s plans.

Matt wrote the following post at 30/06/2008 8:24 AM:

The

most worrying aspect of this very delayed "takeover" or "investment" is

that it is quite clear that we still hve no money! Hoolahan for

£200,000 plus Gilks and Clinigan on a free suggests that we are still

scrapping around for bargains! We need to get this £20 Million

situation sorted or we will miss out on potential buys to other clubs

such as Burnley and Barnsley simply because we can''t afford to spend

any money.

For once the board need to act quickly and invest in

the team or we face another disappointing season and Roeder will walk.

I have nothing against Delia but this is a football club and we need

good players, forget prudence and stadium expansion, lets just make

some bids on new players before it''s too late. I sense this money

situation will go on through out the summer and unsettle Roeder''s plans.

Come on, that''s a bit daft. Firstly, why would you want to pay mega-bucks for a player with a release clause, or who is out of contract? The fee is not an accurate reflection of their worth - that''s playground mathematics.Secondly, had Norwich started out by announcing some big money signings, it would have been blatantly obvious that there was some money rolling around and that would inflate prices for any other players we were in for.I''m not stating that we have spent more than has been announced, but it wouldn''t surprise me too much if a few new signings were announced on the back of any official announcement of investment in the club.

There seems to be a general assumption though that a deal has been done with PC and this will bank-roll some signings. As far as I can see that is not the case and if it was there is no way he would have done that article. This is an attempt to put pressure on Delia and MWJ to let him take over.

They may have scrounged some money form other sources to meake some signings in an attempt to head this all off but ased on todays article I would be amazed if Cullum is bank-rolling this summers signings.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

There seems to be a general assumption though that a deal has been done with PC and this will bank-roll some signings. As far as I can see that is not the case and if it was there is no way he would have done that article. This is an attempt to put pressure on Delia and MWJ to let him take over.

They may have scrounged some money form other sources to meake some signings in an attempt to head this all off but ased on todays article I would be amazed if Cullum is bank-rolling this summers signings.

[/quote]

Very true, I don''t think any of Cullum''s money has been taken into account for summer spending.

[quote user="Matt"]

The most worrying aspect of this very delayed "takeover" or "investment" is that it is quite clear that we still hve no money! Hoolahan for £200,000 plus Gilks and Clinigan on a free suggests that we are still scrapping around for bargains! We need to get this £20 Million situation sorted or we will miss out on potential buys to other clubs such as Burnley and Barnsley simply because we can''t afford to spend any money.

For once the board need to act quickly and invest in the team or we face another disappointing season and Roeder will walk. I have nothing against Delia but this is a football club and we need good players, forget prudence and stadium expansion, lets just make some bids on new players before it''s too late. I sense this money situation will go on through out the summer and unsettle Roeder''s plans.

[/quote]

I thought that any additions to our capacity would only take place during our second season in the Premiership at the earliest.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Matt"]

[/quote]

I thought that any additions to our capacity would only take place during our second season in the Premiership at the earliest.

[/quote]

Doomcaster has plans drawn up on expansion on the City stand.

If and when we do get this investment. How long does it take to accept the offer. Will it be today or will it take time? £20M! Blimey we can actully BUY players with that no more free-bies. Come on Norwich and roeder get in those players.

OTBC!

[quote user="Matt"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Matt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doomcaster has plans drawn up on expansion on the City stand.

[/quote]

Correct, also there are plans to add another tier on the South stand, but only after several seasons in the premiership and the money that brings in. The plans have been there since the new South stand was built...

[quote user="Fat Barman"]

Secondly, had Norwich started out by announcing some big money signings, it would have been blatantly obvious that there was some money rolling around and that would inflate prices for any other players we were in for.

[/quote]

Seems to me that there are so many clubs around in the CCC with money to spend, either parachute payments or sugardaddies, that prices are already inflated.

[quote user="tHeReALSeaT"]

Correct, also there are plans to add another tier on the South stand, but only after several seasons in the premiership and the money that brings in. The plans have been there since the new South stand was built...

[/quote]

I think you mean the City (Main) Stand?

The ground would look very lop-sided if they put another tier on the South (Jarrold) Stand.

[quote user="Snuggles"]

[quote user="tHeReALSeaT"]

[/quote]

I think you mean the City (Main) Stand?

The ground would look very lop-sided if they put another tier on the South (Jarrold) Stand.

[/quote]

So what? It would produce more revenue for the club.

Are you saying you wouldnt like to see the ground expanded? The south stand would look incredible with a top tier.

I think we could potentially get 30 - 35,000 spectarors into Carrow Road for the big games, even in the Championship. Gates that big would certainly attract new players. In the premier league we could be looking at 35,000 per game if the stadium was expanded. Or even more.