Sign in to follow this  
Yella_Forever

Numbers in our squad

I''m i the only one slightly concerned about the lack of rumours and signings?? now im not saying all is lost... but we dont have a team, we have no strikers and we are back in pre-season training.... i mean come on?? yes the euros have just finished... but after hearing reports like the sky sports one on Gow, (he is waiting for us) im a bit worried...

surely we should be chassing up players that we wanted to sign, not sitting around letting them go elsewhere??? no... maybe im wrong....

Are we gonna be hugely dissapointed as fans again, because im starting to think so!!!

Clingan has been given 8, Hoolahan 14 and Doherty has changed to 12 (because he used to score goals for Luton and Spurs with that number, and he wanted it changed back, maybe thats why he stalled on his contract lol)

By the way Yella, back to the preferred world of Football, when are we on again, was it today or 2mw?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

By the way Yella, back to the preferred world of Football, when are we on again, was it today or 2mw?

[/quote]

if i can find the old post which has been lost in takeover talk i will post it up... but i think tomz at 7pm??? i forward the game on a few days last night to seep us along!!!

Cool. Hopefully we will all be in a better and more optimistic mood by then.

Well, the squad is currently:

GK: Marshy, Rudd

DR: Otsemobor

DL: Drury

DC: Doc, Shack, Spillane

MR: Croft, Chadders

ML: Hoolahan, Eagle

MC: Rusty, Fozzy, Clingan, Pattison,

FW: Cureton, Martin

Arguably, you can add to that Luke Daly and Kris Renton as Strikers, Simon Lappin on the left of midfield and Damon Lathrope in center of midfield.

So that''s a squad of 17 without the arguables, 21 with.

Get buying, Mr Roeder!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Well, the squad is currently:

GK: Marshy, Rudd

DR: Otsemobor

DL: Drury

DC: Doc, Shack, Spillane

MR: Croft, Chadders

ML: Hoolahan, Eagle

MC: Rusty, Fozzy, Clingan, Pattison,

FW: Cureton, Martin

Arguably, you can add to that Luke Daly and Kris Renton as Strikers, Simon Lappin on the left of midfield and Damon Lathrope in center of midfield.

So that''s a squad of 17 without the arguables, 21 with.

Get buying, Mr Roeder!

[/quote]

i hadn''t even wrote it down yet....... but looking at it........

thats relegation, hollahan must be right chuffed!!!

It certainly is a LONG way from "at least 2 players for every position" & 5-6 "inbetweenies"..............

Is all this takeover talk a smokescreen................... are we being blagged AGAIN ?

It would be a bit extreme to use takeover talk as a ''smokescreen.'' The fact is Roeder will not do his business in public which is sensible; we will only be able to evaluate the success of Roeder or the amount of money we have at the start of the season

Granted, I can understand that this transfer stuff is all at bit cloak & dagger. BUT we were promised it would be like Christmas, one free & one "undisclosed" (part of which was a goalkeeper which now means we need another of these ?) does not a good Xmas make.

So yes, I think we are being blagged. Training has started we should have seen more than 2 in by now. Don''t forget Lappin has been told he can go & Gilks has gone so that 2 in & 2 out !!!!!!!!!!!!!