Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

LATEST ON THE WES FRONT

Whilst it would be fantastic news I am still dubious about this. If he has signed for us surely its up to us when we announce the deal and there is no reason why we would allow Blackpool to delay the signing because they are a  bit p**sed off he has signed for us without telling them.I''d imagine if we had signed him the Club would be desperate to announce it to the fans.

personally i think we have signed him and we are waiting for GR to get back from his hols before they announce it, fingers crossed

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Whilst it would be fantastic news I am still dubious about this. If he has signed for us surely its up to us when we announce the deal and there is no reason why we would allow Blackpool to delay the signing because they are a  bit p**sed off he has signed for us without telling them.I''d imagine if we had signed him the Club would be desperate to announce it to the fans.

[/quote]

Getting a press release in first with someone your pissed off with happens all the time in business.  If you can do it its great fun to steal the thunder of the other. 

I still don''t believe this one though!

Yes but not a lot they can say really is there. Its not as if we even had to negotiate with Blackpool if its true we have activated his release clause.

I don''t think this is a wind-up, if it is then a lot of people and websites will have much egg on faces.

We all know that rumours abound this time of year, but never are the articles so definite as these seem to be.

As for Roeder being on holiday I think this is the reason for the delay in an announcement, after all contracts and formalities are Neil Doncasters job.

As soon as Glenn is back in Norfolk the press conf. will be called (everything crossed)

But if this binner is indeed telling the truth then Hoolahan has also now gone off on holiday so will it all wait until he gets back?

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

I don''t think this is a wind-up, if it is then a lot of people and websites will have much egg on faces.

We all know that rumours abound this time of year, but never are the articles so definite as these seem to be.

As for Roeder being on holiday I think this is the reason for the delay in an announcement, after all contracts and formalities are Neil Doncasters job.

As soon as Glenn is back in Norfolk the press conf. will be called (everything crossed)

[/quote]yeah great - how rubbish is that - roedy on holiday when the fudging transfer window opens  for business???  why couldn''t have gone  middle may???  and yeah, if he  was working hard to get targets in  before hand - they''d be unveiled by now...just how many players do we need in???  jesus>>>

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

[/quote]

What I find interesting - and it could just be coincidence - is that originally it was said six or seven clubs were chasing him but there has been nothing recently that I''ve seen linking him actively with any other club than Norwich. 

I too find that very strange. I guess it could mean they are not bothering to go for him as they know he''s joining us but i do not know how Roeder would have managed to see them off with so little in the press.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I too find that very strange. I guess it could mean they are not bothering to go for him as they know he''s joining us but i do not know how Roeder would have managed to see them off with so little in the press.[/quote]

I agree - unless it was all done in Ireland where it is easier to keep things quiet.  He certainly went back to Ireland for a few days before the Republic team started training and, in fact, missed the Blackpool players dinner to do so which immediately sparked rumours that he was off. 

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I too find that very strange. I guess it could mean they are not bothering to go for him as they know he''s joining us but i do not know how Roeder would have managed to see them off with so little in the press.[/quote]

I agree - unless it was all done in Ireland where it is easier to keep things quiet.  He certainly went back to Ireland for a few days before the Republic team started training and, in fact, missed the Blackpool players dinner to do so which immediately sparked rumours that he was off. 

[/quote]yeah - but the blackpool players dinner was  a maincourse of seaside donkey burgers, followed by ice-cream and doughnuts!!!

found this on VitalFrom todays Blackpool Gazette:

Pool eye £500k Wes replacement

THE Seasiders are being strongly linked with a move for Oldham''s Chris Taylor.

But the highly-rated winger would probably cost at least £500,000.

That would appear to take the 21-year-old out of Blackpool''s price

range, though the club would receive £250,000 from any deal involving

Wes Hoolahan and the much sought-after Taylor could be a ready-made

replacement.

Besides operating on the left wing, Taylor can play in central midfield and at full-back

However, the League One club will do their utmost to hold on to one of

their prize assets and Taylor remains under contract for the next two

seasons.

Pool''s newly promoted Championship rivals Doncaster are among the other

interested parties but The Gazette understands that nothing less than

half a million would prise Taylor away from his only club.

A source close to the Latics said: "Oldham sold Neal Trotman to Preston for £500,000.

He was unproven compared to Taylor, so it''s hard to believe they would accept anything less."

A former trainee at Boundary Park, Tayor won a professional contract in

2005 and has made precisely 100 league appearances in the past two

seasons.

As for Hoolahan, he remains a Seasiders player despite frenzied speculation over a move to Norwich.

The Canaries stated that no deal had been done yesterday and none of

the rumoured sightings of the newly-capped Ireland international in the

Norfolk area have been substantiated.

Assistant manager Tony Parkes is holding the fort at Bloomfield Road after Simon Grayson started his holidays at the weekend.

Parkes, chairman Karl Oyston and secretary Matthew Williams are

continuing to hold discussions with players, clubs and agents this week

over prospective signings.

However, Seasiders are starting to lose patience with Claus Jorgensen

as the midfielder delays his final decision on the one-year contract

offer which has been on the table for several weeks.

Secretary Williams said: "We do want to hear from Claus soon. No time

limit has been imposed but we are looking to get this one tied up one

way or the other."

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]found this on Vital

From todays Blackpool Gazette:

Pool eye £500k Wes replacement

THE Seasiders are being strongly linked with a move for Oldham''s Chris Taylor.
But the highly-rated winger would probably cost at least £500,000.

That would appear to take the 21-year-old out of Blackpool''s price range, though the club would receive £250,000 from any deal involving Wes Hoolahan and the much sought-after Taylor could be a ready-made replacement.

Besides operating on the left wing, Taylor can play in central midfield and at full-back

However, the League One club will do their utmost to hold on to one of their prize assets and Taylor remains under contract for the next two seasons.

Pool''s newly promoted Championship rivals Doncaster are among the other interested parties but The Gazette understands that nothing less than half a million would prise Taylor away from his only club.

A source close to the Latics said: "Oldham sold Neal Trotman to Preston for £500,000.

He was unproven compared to Taylor, so it''s hard to believe they would accept anything less."

A former trainee at Boundary Park, Tayor won a professional contract in 2005 and has made precisely 100 league appearances in the past two seasons.

As for Hoolahan, he remains a Seasiders player despite frenzied speculation over a move to Norwich.

The Canaries stated that no deal had been done yesterday and none of the rumoured sightings of the newly-capped Ireland international in the
Norfolk area have been substantiated.

Assistant manager Tony Parkes is holding the fort at Bloomfield Road after Simon Grayson started his holidays at the weekend.

Parkes, chairman Karl Oyston and secretary Matthew Williams are continuing to hold discussions with players, clubs and agents this week over prospective signings.

However, Seasiders are starting to lose patience with Claus Jorgensen as the midfielder delays his final decision on the one-year contract offer which has been on the table for several weeks.

Secretary Williams said: "We do want to hear from Claus soon. No time limit has been imposed but we are looking to get this one tied up one way or the other."
[/quote]

The Canaries stated yesterday that no deal had been done? So where did NCFC come out in public and state anything about the Wes situation? The plot thickens or the Journo is a fool

In fairness we may have dotted the i''s & t''s and the allowed the player to take his summer holiday.  This thing could be delayed by up to a fortnight if that is the case. 

I think that link is deadly accurate, if it is then YIPPEEEEE.  Perfect replacement for Hux, possibly the best currently available.  And heres hoping that by signing him it puts us in teh driving seat for Gorkss.