Sign in to follow this  
CARL EGGETT

Michael Duberry anyone??

Ambrosio (another thread) was a fine idea Carl but Im afraid this one isn''t. He was a major part of one of the most embarrassingly catastrophic defences the Premiership has ever seen. He didn''t appear to have the passion to try to save Leeds like Robinson, Smith or Matteo and that kind of fire would be the least I would expect from a player wearing my colours - talent is always handy too!

Matteo isn''t the best defender out there by a long way but I would take him over Duberry simply because he cares. Duberry is not a City-type player and his wages would be exorbitant as he is a vulture.

Is this a joke??? He''s useless for more reasons than I can fit on this page. I can''t think of one positive about him.

i think your right about matteo he would be more of a city player and would give his heart and soul 4 the cause!
its just every keeps talking about malky not cutting it in the prem i was trying to think of some central defenders with prem experience and duberry''s name came to mind!!
im a big believer that Norwich should only go for players they really need as i think if they take out to many players that have took us to the title this season it will cause chaos!,
but i also have a HUGE amount of faith in Nigel Wothington.

I am sorry but did anyone see the goal charlton scored last weekend duberry got the ball stuck under his legs and was all over the place real comedy defending i know he should be judged on one mistake but is not bettter than what we have got

How about gary caldwell who was on loan at leeds now back at Newcastle?

Hey, your having a laugh aint ya MICHEAL DUBERRY i''d rather have my grandad in defence!
He must be 1 of the worst defenders in the prem, give city some credit we r beta than players like him!

Michael Duberry looked superb at Chelsea - England fringe player who had strength power good feet and aerial ability. He left Chelsea for the cash Leeds were offering (I think he is on £40k pw at the moment), got embroiled in the woodgate/bowyer affair and became an outcast at the club but refused to go because of his wage.

He is only playing due to injuries and lack of other alternatives. In those circumstances most players would be lacking confidence - even more so with the added pressure of a relegation battle.

Whilst I dont think he will be motivated or have the personality to fit in with the club he has far more ability and retained potential than Scimeca - keep those names coming.

As far as his wages are concerned he aint worth £25k pw+, although the club CAN afford a couple of players on that sort of wage - cant have Hux alone in that earning bracket can we?

However if anyone can cosset and improve a defender I am sure worthy could. It would be an enormous gamble - but better odds than feeding on the cast offs of a truly applaling relegated debt ridden club.

OTBC

Hi dumble 25K a stumbling block FOR THAT KNOCK KNEED KNACKERD NOSEBAG 25 quid would be a stumbling block. Lets move forward.

The binners last year imported centre backs from clubs that had been relegated having shipped loads of goals. What a surprise they then did the same. Not a route I would like to follow.

shim182,

A very articulate and well thought out post there! Michael Duberry has been playing, consistantly, at the top level for years. He has bags of experience and knowledge of the game. One season doesn''t make him a bad player. Half the Leeds squad have looked questionable this year. All I''m saying is that we shouldn''t dismiss out of hand a premiership quality defender who wouldn''t cost much (except wages). You say lets move forward. In my opinion getting linked with Premiership regulars IS moving forward. He might not be perfect but he''s better than others we''ve been linked with (Robert Page anyone!!??)