Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Who cares about the greatest ever team. It's the current team that worries me

I am sick to the back teeth with this greatest ever team rubbish. Which seem to be more on the clubs mind than the shower we have a the moment.For starters this greatest ever team crap is very subjective and also impossible to really prove. Iwan Roberts one of my all time favourite players. However his goal scoring and play for us was all done in the second tier of English football. Whilst Robert Fleck produced in top flight time and time again. Even our beloved Huck played all but one season for us in the Championship whilst numerous wingers produced for us in the top league in the world.What we need to worry about his how players with the limited abilities of Fotheringham and Doherty can be hold our club to ransom in there contract talks. Shows how desperate things have become. We need them and the know it. And we do. Thing is they are average to say the least yet we are still having to pander to their requests or risk having two less players come the new season.Sad times.

Arthur, there''s no point replying about the greatest ever team on HH44''s thread because his point is that he doesn''t care about it, even though he wants to share his opinions about it here [*-)]

HH44 is right though, it is subjective, and I could pick a different team every time I do it. The only constant would be the presence of Keelan and Peters in every side I choose.

HH44 - We can''t worry about the current team because we currently don''t have one.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Arthur, there''s no point replying about the greatest ever team on HH44''s thread because his point is that he doesn''t care about it, even though he wants to share his opinions about it here [*-)]

HH44 is right though, it is subjective, and I could pick a different team every time I do it. The only constant would be the presence of Keelan and Peters in every side I choose.

HH44 - We can''t worry about the current team because we currently don''t have one.

[/quote]

Agreed.

the funny thing is that didnt we go through all this "greatest ever Players" etc 6 years ago in the centenary year?

probably do it again in 6 more years... i''ll volunteer for the entertainment... i''ll sing "when im cleanin windows"

jas :)

[quote user="followthegreenandyellow"]the current team worries me too, but should we tell World war 2 veterans no one cares about their past achievements just because we are struggling in the middle east??? [/quote]I think your analogy is macabre and a little sick. To compare World war 2 veterans to well paid sports men is disrespectful.This type of hero worship is to much for me. The Greatest team ever are a bunch of men who were paid well above the average wage for what the did. They spent their time doing as a job what many of us pay subs to do as a pastime. Quite a few of the "greatest team ever" are wealthy beyond their wildest dreams (and good luck to them) so your comparison is in my view is in extremely bad taste.

look...dnt get on your high horse about it, i can understand what you mean in regards to the comparison, but its a comparison none the less..so get over it...who said anything about me being disrespeful, but if it causes u an issue then sorry.

[quote user="followthegreenandyellow"]

look...dnt get on your high horse about it, i can understand what you mean in regards to the comparison, but its a comparison none the less..so get over it...who said anything about me being disrespeful, but if it causes u an issue then sorry.

[/quote]Fair play.