Sign in to follow this  
Loughborough Canary

Complimentary Arsenal fan

Just read this on the bbc 606 prem forum from an Arsenal fan called record breaking gunners.

"RECORD BREAKING GUNNERS BACKS NORWICH CITY

No I haven''t had too many ciders during the lunch hour, I seriously believe Norwich have the capability of staying up in the Premiership.

I don''t know how many Premiership fans rememember the last time Norwich were in the top flight, but Carrow Road isn''t the easiest of places to visit. Ourselves have had more than our fair share of scrapes down the years with the Canaries and their home form this season alone suggests they may well ruffle a few Premiership feathers.

Im sticking my neck out but Im backing the Canaries to stay up, probably quite comfortably (11th to 15th place). They have a superb board and a fan base which should hold them in good company in the Prem. There are a lot of out of contract experienced players who are looking for teams at the moment and if Norwich can do a Pompey by mixing what they already have with a couple of seasoned Prem campaigners, then they should be alright

Im expecting big things from Norwich in the future. Ive always regarded them as being a Prem club (people forget Norwich were almost League and Cup double winners in 88/89) and think they will prove a lot of people wrong by enjoying an extended stay amongst the elite."

I know it means nothing, but its still nice to hear.

From people that I have swpoken to most people are generally pleased that Norwich are back where they belong!

Arsenal fans aren''t known for their complimentary views like this so it is high praise indeed. Its well reasoned and nice to know that in some quarters the achievements of the late 80s to mid 90s are remembered.

I agree with him/her- we should be aiming for 15th or so- there''s not much in the bottom half of the table which looks particularly frightening. If Palace go up rather than West Ham I think that virtually guarantees one club finishing below us as I just can''t see them surviving.