Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

would it be a bad thing to be relegated???

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The thing is i think we all know deep down that the boards reaction to relegation would be paranoia about the lost tv./ away supporter/ casual ticket revenue, so the first thing which would happen would be swinging cuts to the budget for squad strengthening in the summer- which would almost certainly result in Roeder, Fozzy, Doc, Croft and probably a few others leaving.  So we would start the season on a massive negative straight away much as we did when we came down from the Prem.  Our board budget for failure and in so-doing they blatantly court it.

Then of course we have the more practical stuff.  We will be seen as a big scalp by most of the clubs in that league and as we are more a "nice footballing club" than a "gritty, tough it out club" we are likely to be a soft touch.  I don`t believe City supporters will tolerate a switch to physical, direct football even if it improves our chances of promotion.  Sorry, but i think if we went down we would have ultra-prudence and paranoid extreme caution to thank for many years in the lower leagues.

[/quote]

I think you must have missed this post Nutty.

[/quote]

I read it Mr Carrow. The thing is I think you are so obsessed now it''s like you are saying it would be OK to get relegated with a different board. Surely it would be a disaster with ANY board. Even Manchester City only got back through penalty kicks in a play-off final.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The thing is i think we all know deep down that the boards reaction to relegation would be paranoia about the lost tv./ away supporter/ casual ticket revenue, so the first thing which would happen would be swinging cuts to the budget for squad strengthening in the summer- which would almost certainly result in Roeder, Fozzy, Doc, Croft and probably a few others leaving.  So we would start the season on a massive negative straight away much as we did when we came down from the Prem.  Our board budget for failure and in so-doing they blatantly court it.

Then of course we have the more practical stuff.  We will be seen as a big scalp by most of the clubs in that league and as we are more a "nice footballing club" than a "gritty, tough it out club" we are likely to be a soft touch.  I don`t believe City supporters will tolerate a switch to physical, direct football even if it improves our chances of promotion.  Sorry, but i think if we went down we would have ultra-prudence and paranoid extreme caution to thank for many years in the lower leagues.

[/quote]

I think you must have missed this post Nutty.

[/quote]

I read it Mr Carrow. The thing is I think you are so obsessed now it''s like you are saying it would be OK to get relegated with a different board. Surely it would be a disaster with ANY board. Even Manchester City only got back through penalty kicks in a play-off final.

[/quote]

I haven`t said anywhere that it would be ok to be relegated with a different board.  Now, do you think my post is accurate or not?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I haven`t said anywhere that it would be ok to be relegated with a different board.  Now, do you think my post is accurate or not?

[/quote]

Haven''t got a clue Mr Carrow! I have never experienced a relegation into that league so have no idea what would happen. The last time, and I believe the only time, we were relegated to the third tier was in 1939. It was over 20 years before we returned.

In my time I have seen many clubs get relegated to the third tier. Established ''top two division sides'' like Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Derby, Fulham, Middlesboro, Man. City, Sunderland, Blackpool, Burnley, Sheffield Wed., West Brom, Leeds, Forest and Wolves. Very very few came straight back up and some dropped further.

So your post could be accurate or it may not be. All I do know is there are no positives to be found in relegation from this league.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

All I do know is there are no positives to be found in relegation from this league.

[/quote]

I can quarentee that Munby and Doncaster will find one or two![^o)]