Sign in to follow this  
Delias Tasty Nibblets

Expectations...

Why would there be questions asked of Glenn and the board about the january transfer window if we finish 7th?

Ive seen people saying this on other threads and its ridiculous, if we finish 7th it will be an absolute miricle!

I dont expect playoffs but whilst theres a chance im going to hope because it keeps the season exciting,but it seems like some people will now be disapointed and ''ask questions'' if we just miss out, everyone needs to remember where this all started under Glenn.

If we come 7th then Glen Roeder should get knighted, an MBE as well as manager of the year!

The only slip up in the January transfer window was that we should of signed Taylor when we had the chance instead of trying to haggle and in the end Brum wouldn''t sell cause they ahd failed to sign a centreback!

In hindsight this would of been the best way forward for us, Taylor, Eduardo and Arsenal!

[quote user="scott"]

If we come 7th then Glen Roeder should get knighted, an MBE as well as manager of the year!

The only slip up in the January transfer window was that we should of signed Taylor when we had the chance instead of trying to haggle and in the end Brum wouldn''t sell cause they ahd failed to sign a centreback!

In hindsight this would of been the best way forward for us, Taylor, Eduardo and Arsenal!

[/quote]

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. But whatever happens happens, I don;t think Glenn (did) expects to reach the play offs in Janruary so didn''t waste money on over inflated prices prefering to wait until the summer when he can do a massive re-building job.

My god - this story is old and the truth still hasn''t settled.We offered £750k initially, they didn''t buy it and kicked up a fuss as they wanted £1million. Later on - we offered £1million (begining of January) and they said no - £1.25million. We didn''t haggle so much as they kept moving the price. I think more credit is due to Roeder and the club for being patient with a club that doesn''t seem to know whether they want a player or not.

To finish seventh would be rather silly.  Why not just try that little bit harder and get that final play-off spot.  Finishing seventh is akin to getting 5 numbers on the lottery; you may as well concentrate and get all 6 for goodness sake.

[quote user="chicken"]My god - this story is old and the truth still hasn''t settled.

We offered £750k initially, they didn''t buy it and kicked up a fuss as they wanted £1million. Later on - we offered £1million (begining of January) and they said no - £1.25million. We didn''t haggle so much as they kept moving the price. I think more credit is due to Roeder and the club for being patient with a club that doesn''t seem to know whether they want a player or not.
[/quote]

Where is your evidence of this? Or is it just a case of using whichever speculation suits your argument? What we do know for a fact is that QPR had a bid ACCEPTED for Taylor, therefore if we had matched this bid Brum would legally of had to accept it too and he`d almost certainly been our player.