Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Mick Dennis - where have you been?

Mick wrote on that wierd ''East Anglian'' footballing website ....".........when City were utterly swamped by Watford at Carrow Road. That was the

match which underlined how important athleticism is and how our team

was bereft of it. That was the fixture which made me fear for our

future."That game? Really? Where were you when we ran out, dwarfed by, Arsenal? What was the stat.... Norwich had one player over 6''1"..... Arsenal had one player under 6''1"Hello?Remeber Notman? McVeigh? Just because their little legs moved fast didn''t mean thay were quick..... Was Mulryne ever fit? Doherty? Helveg? NoLook at the difference a bit of fitness made to CroftSo it takes a game against Watford for you to realise that we need athletes to complete these days. Wakey wakey....... suppose you had a cup of sweet tea and a fag at half time in your day eh?Try stating something we dont know and you might get some subscribers to your site.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]

That game? Really? Where were you when we ran out, dwarfed by, Arsenal? What was the stat.... Norwich had one player over 6''1"..... Arsenal had one player under 6''1"

[/quote]

Yeah but that was Worthington''s team, and he could do no wrong and should still be manager now in our Mick''s eyes.

Wasn''t that the game where Lauren grabbed Hux by the collar and gave him a nice neet jerk to bring him off his feet like someone in venice not ducking under a bridge? Free kick give, Lauren last man back - I can''t even remember if he was given a yellow, all I know is that it should have been red, would have been a different game then.

And just what''s wrong with a cup of sweet tea and a fag at half-time?

Some mothers do have ''em.

Intolerance isn''t a virtue, neither is swearing.

OTBC

[quote user="chicken"]Wasn''t that the game where Lauren grabbed Hux by the collar and gave him a nice neet jerk to bring him off his feet like someone in venice not ducking under a bridge? Free kick give, Lauren last man back - I can''t even remember if he was given a yellow, all I know is that it should have been red, would have been a different game then.
[/quote]

I remember that! I was fuming, he was given only a yellow.

Hes right!

If your not athletic, strong and willing to get stuck in you''ll never make the grade especially at Championship level!

Thats the reason why the Jarvis Bros will never make it and why the 2 loanees Gibbs and Henry have been awful in their limited time with us though we hope if they are play again that they''ve got more than what we''ve seen so far!

[quote user="scott"]

Hes right!

If your not athletic, strong and willing to get stuck in you''ll never make the grade especially at Championship level!

Thats the reason why the Jarvis Bros will never make it and why the 2 loanees Gibbs and Henry have been awful in their limited time with us though we hope if they are play again that they''ve got more than what we''ve seen so far!

[/quote]Hughes was athletic, strong and willing to get stuck in, as was Robinson, Etuhu, Strihavka and Brown. Key thing to remember here is that we are not talking about rugby.At the end of the day they have to be able to beat the opposition at football.

[quote user="scott"]

Hes right!

[/quote]You think....durrrrr....? OF COURSE  he''s right ..... that wasn''t the point. The ''point'' is why has it taken him this long to work it out.......Size matters. Remeber how effective Bury were 4/5 years ago? They were huge..... Swansea before them...... Watford this season......Seen our reserves? Although last time out they played some very slick football they were COMPLETELY out muscled by Luton... even McVeigh looked tough compared to some of our players. On the day it wasn''t enough as their front line wouldn''t have scored if they''d still been playing now.Our academy has a knack of producing Lilliput Utd candidates season after season.... with the exception of Ryan Jarvis (bad attitude) and Halliday (useless).....Ok....Rossi may come good but he has some of his brothers baggage

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="scott"]

Hes right!

[/quote]

Hughes was athletic, strong and willing to get stuck in, as was Robinson, Etuhu, Strihavka and Brown. Key thing to remember here is that we are not talking about rugby.

At the end of the day they have to be able to beat the opposition at football.
[/quote]

I''d rather have any of them above mentioned players rather than Gibbs, Henry and the Jarvis bros!