Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Are we still paying Bates' wages?

I seem to remember when we lost David Bentley we were paying for him all season when he was only able to play in the final month. I assume it''s the same with Bates?  That really is money down the drain. And all the more galling when his employer could pay his wages without even noticing.  

[quote user="a1canary"]I seem to remember when we lost David Bentley we were paying for him all season when he was only able to play in the final month. I assume it''s the same with Bates?  That really is money down the drain. And all the more galling when his employer could pay his wages without even noticing.  [/quote]

The lad suffered an unexpected injury, id have been happy to pay him if hed been playing. The board cannot be blamed.

Talk about putting words in my mouth! Who mentioned the board?

I realise why we''re paying his wages (assuming we are) - it''s just really galling imagining all that money just going down the drain!

[quote user="a1canary"]

Talk about putting words in my mouth! Who mentioned the board?

I realise why we''re paying his wages (assuming we are) - it''s just really galling imagining all that money just going down the drain!

[/quote]

Smudger? [:P]

bently did not return to arsenal, he went for treartment, his loan never ended, bates has as far as i no, so i don''t think we are paying his wages,and bently played more than just the last mounth

Didn''t Bates have a re-call clause as part of his loan deal? In which case it may be that we pay his wages up untill that point. Either way I dont see the problem - he was injured whilst playing for us so in some ways we should pay.

Bates will officially become Middlesbrough''s player again on Thursday - four weeks after the loan started. He had to complete 28 days of the loan deal and Middlesbrough have agreed to end the deal early.

Thats very kind of Middlesborough - but then I guess they couldn''t argue that they didn''t think this may happen. I really hope he gets back and plays again - looked as though he could be a solid player if he was injury free.