Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Now Arsenal are out of Carling Cup.........

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

.......maybe we may get some of their young guns as hinted by Roeder a few weeks ago !

[/quote]

Thats just what i was thinking Jim. We need some classy but cheap players and this might be an opportunity.

Glenns contacts to pay off ? Lets hope so.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

.......maybe we may get some of their young guns as hinted by Roeder a few weeks ago !

[/quote]

I think this is highly possible ''Gentleman Jim''. I believe that Glen Roeder is highly thought of at Arsenal. A few of us bumped into Vic Akers on the way back from Stoke in December and he stopped to talk to us and was very interested in our result and how we were doing under Roeder. He told us that Roeder would get the team playing football again and he would gradually get us away from the relegation places. Lets hope the Arsenal connection bears fruit!

which youngsters in particalar? if ones who played last night doubt any will be going as arsenal need all squad together for title and champs league push. as it looks like they not buying anyone. if someone who not in squad last night it would be possible. only two could be leaving would be the goalie if jens stays although you dont need that position. and hoyte to villa may happen.

all rest if you on about diaby, troare, bendtner no chance given there current small squad

[quote user="we8wba"]

which youngsters in particalar? if ones who played last night doubt any will be going as arsenal need all squad together for title and champs league push. as it looks like they not buying anyone. if someone who not in squad last night it would be possible. only two could be leaving would be the goalie if jens stays although you dont need that position. and hoyte to villa may happen.

all rest if you on about diaby, troare, bendtner no chance given there current small squad

[/quote]

Thank''s for putting me right about that we8wba !

not putting anyone right, just saying arsenal wont get rid of any squad/fringe players unless they throw a paddy like diarra.

[quote user="we8wba"]

not putting anyone right, just saying arsenal wont get rid of any squad/fringe players unless they throw a paddy like diarra.

[/quote]

yawn yawn yawn

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]I have to say I was delighted to see Arsenal knocked out. Maybe Wenger will treat the competition a bit more seriously next year.[/quote]

... and their fans must be really happy to be absolutely thrashed by Tottenham!!!!!!.   It''s nice to see a club outside the top four clique doing well.    

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]I have to say I was delighted to see Arsenal knocked out. Maybe Wenger will treat the competition a bit more seriously next year.[/quote]

why will he treat it better? end day his youngsters gained valuable experience, its not about winning the cup for arsene, he proved that last year playing the youngsters vs chelsea in the final. obviously he wants the cup if on offer but i dont think he be to worried there out, probably care more in the manor they went out i should think

[quote user="we8wba"]

why will he treat it better? end day his youngsters gained valuable experience, its not about winning the cup for arsene, he proved that last year playing the youngsters vs chelsea in the final. obviously he wants the cup if on offer but i dont think he be to worried there out, probably care more in the manor they went out i should think

[/quote]

Undoubtedly Arsenal would have been annoyed being knocked out on their deadliest rival''s "MANOR" (White Hart Lane), although they would probably have been equally annoyed if they had been knocked out on their own manor.

... what are you on about? Arsene Wenger uses the League Cup to give his younger players much needed experience and a chance to play proper competitive football in front of thousands of fans rather than a reserve match in front of hundreds. This way he can see who is going to make the grade in his first team. Playing his "second string" in this tournament over the years has been invaluable for the likes of Clichy, Traore, Bendtner, Hoyte, Denilson etc.

It may even help us if one of their players comes on loan here, I''d like to see that Henri Lansbury lad. Think he played away at Blackburn and looked awesome.

Anyway getting to the final then the semi''s the following year isn''t taking it seriously??