Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Aaron Mclean Goal Machine!

Yes i know this has been on here before but he has now scored 23 goals already this season. Ok it may be only in league 2 but who do we have who can score goals. How did Cureton and Jarvis get on against league 2 oposition yesterday night. Oldham released this Chris Porter for nothing in the summer so do you honestly think he is going to be any good. He scoring record is ok but not nearly as good as Mclean''s. This player is definatly worth a shot i think.

He wasn''t released for nothing, he just didn''t want a new contract.  Good shout on McLean, would be a real gamble though - can we afford to take a gamble.  And would he be reasonably priced, I think Posh might want a small fortune for him.

[quote user="city til i die"]Yes i know this has been on here before but he has now scored 23 goals already this season. Ok it may be only in league 2 but who do we have who can score goals. How did Cureton and Jarvis get on against league 2 oposition yesterday night. Oldham released this Chris Porter for nothing in the summer so do you honestly think he is going to be any good. He scoring record is ok but not nearly as good as Mclean''s. This player is definatly worth a shot i think.[/quote]

I think if GR was interested then he would have probably been here by now as part of a swap deal with Lewis.

My mates son plays for Peterborough & says although he is good at league 2 level, he would get found out in the Champ level as he''s simply not good enough.

GVR

I would love to see him here.  I think Mclean and Beckford at Leeds are the two stand out strikers in the lower leagues.  Keith Andrews at MK dons must also be worth a look.

[quote user="Glenn Victor Roeder"]

My mates son plays for Peterborough & says although he is good at league 2 level, he would get found out in the Champ level as he''s simply not good enough.

GVR

[/quote]More like your mates son would just like him to stay at Peterborough. He is easily going to score 30+ goals this season. At the end of the season you will get loads of clubs after him including many from the championship, which is were he will end up playing.

This striker is in great form. I would swap him for Cureton any day, and i would chuck in Jarvis for free!

The point i was making was that Cureton and Jarvis struggled against league 2 oposition the other night and this chap has been scoring for fun in league 2.

As well as the question of would he be good enough in the Championship, he''s not very big. Same height as Cureton and weighs less.

I.m.o. he''d be too much of a risk. We need somebody of Dion''s size and ability but with younger legs than Dion. A very big ask i know.

Look this is why we need this player. We have no one who can score! No one from the prem wants to come on loan! Cureton is missing to many chances! We need a forward who is in good form and we could get at a reasonable price. Just who else is there, in form we could get?

if you read what roeder has been saying, it says that he''s after some lower league players for the end of the season, as the clubs they''re at don''t want to sell while they''re pushing for promotion.