Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

My England Team for yesterday

McGinger got it terribly wrong yesterday in my opinion.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I can honestly say that my team would have been different.  I think we''d have been better off with it to be honest - what do you lot reckon?  What would have been your team selection?

Gk   James

LB   Bridge

RB   P Neville

CB   Campbell

CB   Richards

LM  Cole

CM   Hargreaves   

CM   Gerrard

RM   Beckham

CF   Crouch

CF   Defoe

I''d agree with much of that. Certainly Richards at centre back. That''s where he is used to playing and is where he plays for his club, which happens to have one of the meanest defences in the premiership (even with the 6-0 at Chelsea!). It''s so obvious. Campbell and Richards would have been a far better proposition.I would have put Barry next to Gerrard for the simple reason that they gelled and worked together well in the previous games against Israel and Russia at home. The clown''s substitution of Barry instead of Lampard or Gerrard was another of his masterstrokes on the night.Also, since the team was leaked a full 24 hrs before the game, someone with a bit about them like Mourinho say, would have sent them out in a 4-4-2 to surprise them. There''s no question that they were ready and waiting for the 4-5-1 tactic. They always had three men in and around Crouch to firstly crowd him out and to secondly get to his knock downs before we did.

he cud do a gd job as goalie after his save agenst liverpool the other week WHAT A SAVE SON altho Carson i think was terribly unlucky for their first goal and bridge was quality where have you been jeff wayne

wayne bridge is the worst footballer in england. He is about as good at football as a badger with no legs!

makes absolutley no difference now... having a team for "yesterday" is about as much good as picking saturdays winning Lottery Numbers on a wednesday

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

makes absolutley no difference now... having a team for "yesterday" is about as much good as picking saturdays winning Lottery Numbers on a wednesday

jas :)

[/quote]

Hmm - yes.... because McLaren would clearly have taken notice of my post had I posted it before the game...