Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Life has been difficult since Francis left

[quote user="Gloucester canary"][quote user="Confused Des"]

I would say that when we came down,of the players we lost 4 were pivotal to our chances of going back up that season Francis,Svenson,Mckenzie and Ashton. (i dont think it was ever likely Helveg or johnson would relish a championship clog fight,Holt possibly could have had another season in him at that level) of those we only replaced 1 with like of the same quality.(earnshaw).

I would take him back in a flash,in fact i would take all four.

[/quote]

If I remeber rightly Jonson was gutted to leave - He wanted to show us what he could do, but Worthy thought it was good business to sell him for 700k.

He would of been brilliant in the championship - still played for Sweden in 2006 world cup

[/quote]

I thought that was Svenson,but i''ll take your word for it, ok i''ll put jonson and holt in the team that was built for "bouncebackability" (remember that,master plan, incredibly some would have us try the same thing with division 1,talk about second time lucky,double or bust )

[quote user="Gloucester canary"][quote user="Confused Des"]

I would say that when we came down,of the players we lost 4 were pivotal to our chances of going back up that season Francis,Svenson,Mckenzie and Ashton. (i dont think it was ever likely Helveg or johnson would relish a championship clog fight,Holt possibly could have had another season in him at that level) of those we only replaced 1 with like of the same quality.(earnshaw).

[/quote]

If I remeber rightly Jonson was gutted to leave - He wanted to show us what he could do, but Worthy thought it was good business to sell him for 700k.

He would of been brilliant in the championship - still played for Sweden in 2006 world cup

[/quote]

The way i remember it Worthington pretty much had to sell players to create funds to bring anyone in- and i think he came out and said this publically at the time. It was another big mistake, particularly when you consider that we played most of that season with no right-winger, but it was caused by the board giving Worthy virtually no transfer budget when we came back down.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Gloucester canary"][quote user="Confused Des"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The way i remember it Worthington pretty much had to sell players to create funds to bring anyone in- and i think he came out and said this publically at the time. It was another big mistake, particularly when you consider that we played most of that season with no right-winger, but it was caused by the board giving Worthy virtually no transfer budget when we came back down.

[/quote]

Worthy was speaking out publicly against the boards transfer policy long before it was fasionable to do so on here. Nobody listened.. in fact they drowned him out with their own agendas.

Did you go to that meeting Wednesday evening Mr Carrow?? I boycotted but I thought remembered you saying you were going.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Gloucester canary"][quote user="Confused Des"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worthy was speaking out publicly against the boards transfer policy long before it was fasionable to do so on here. Nobody listened.. in fact they drowned him out with their own agendas.

Did you go to that meeting Wednesday evening Mr Carrow?? I boycotted but I thought remembered you saying you were going.

[/quote]

I think we are agreed on Worthy being let down by the board Nutty. I just wish he had spoken out when he left, but then that pay-off might explain his silence......

No i didn`t go to the meeting. To be honest i am so disillusioned with the club at the moment i couldn`t be bothered to go through the hassle involved with getting the time off (work evenings). I am certain the evening would have entailed many confusing blind alleys with statistics being thrown around like confetti, and i think i would have left feeling even more angry and precisely nothing would have been achieved.

I don`t think you have to analyse the accounts to see that the priorities have been totally wrong at the club and if the supporters cannot bring themselves to demand a change in approach (it`s happening, but slowly), then they will get the football club they deserve- nice, morally sound, wonderful facilities but consigned to the lower divisions until a more ambitious (on the pitch) regime manages to wrestle control.